Hold my hand

Until now, only two people had ever entered the annex.

It was quite uncomfortable to have both of them suddenly come in like this and invade my space.

I freed my hand from Jansi and looked back at Carlot.

“What’s going on?” I inquired.

“Mother called you.”

She seemed to be looking for me with the antidote. Probably because it was much later than expected.

By the way, there was something else I didn’t understand.

I stared up at Carlot.

“But why did you deliver the message yourself, Carl?”

“…. since I ran into my mother.”

“You don’t have to bother coming all the way here. Next time, just pass it on through a servant.”

Carlot wouldn’t really want to see my face, so it would be good for both of us.

“You’d better go now, too, my dear brother.”

After euphemistically telling Jansi to go, I left the two of them alone and headed straight to the Duchess’s greenhouse.

“I heard you called, Duchess.”

“Yes, come here, Elodie.”

Perhaps she knew I was coming, but my share of the tea was already prepared on the table.

‘What the hell is wrong with those two?’

As I got thirsty for no reason and drank tea without hesitation, the woman across from me narrowed her eyes.

Oops.

When others drink tea with the Duchess, they are always careful and never drink the tea first.

It’s too late to pretend to be on guard now.

“Did you call me about the antidote?”

“It’s not that urgent, so you can do it slowly.”

If it wasn’t for the antidote, the duchess would have no reason to call me….

Then suddenly, I remembered the discomfort I felt a little while ago.

“Madam, you entrusted me to bring 11 types of antidotes, right?”

“Weren’t there 12 types?

I tilted my head and furrowed my brows.

In response, the Duchess asked, “What’s wrong?”

“One poison is gone.”

“The maid must have accidentally removed it while cleaning.

“….is that right?”

But I didn’t like it so much when a servant came into my bedroom, so Martha, almost a full-time maid, was in charge. The Martha I knew wasn’t the type to make that kind of mistake.