Get away from my sister

[Ooh, hmm? Is that ‘Youth’?]

Greed, who had been silent the whole time, asked in a lively tone.

[Interesting. You’re more popular than you look. I wonder if humans have low standards].

Greed’s words fell on deaf ears.

It was because I was still in an awkward situation with Raeyan.

“Rae–no, no– Ian?”

I hastily corrected the name, conscious of Jansi in the distance. But instead of letting go, Raeyan hugged me so tightly it was almost suffocating.

“I, how much…….”

I could hear the tremor in Raeyan’s voice.

‘I was not expecting this.’

I was equally confused.

Even though I disappeared suddenly, I took it for granted, thinking that he would be waiting for me after some searching.

I couldn’t believe he was actually searching for me.

Then, Raeyan definitely said that he was going to lose me “again”.  As if he had lost me once before.

‘Raeyan. What are you hiding?’

Just at that moment, when I hesitated to lift my hand–

SMASH.

A tremendous sound of something being smashed came from the side. If I wasn’t mistaken, it was coming from the direction of Jansi.

[Wow. There was something there and now it’s gone].

Looking past Raeyan, I saw that, true to Greed’s word, there was something missing.

If I recalled correctly, there had been a ledge of the mercenary headquarters there, but it disappeared in an instant.

“Hi.”

Jansi smiled and greeted him. He was smiling, but…….

“Can you get away from my sister?”

It wasn’t a friendly smile.

There was more of a creepy energy, like the power behind the smile was enough to kill.

I couldn’t understand why Jansi was so upset, but I figured I’d better separate myself from Raeyan for now.

I looked at Raeyan, who had a firm grip on my shoulder, and tried to calm him down.

“Ian. I’m fine.”

“Are you sure that you are, Elodie?”

“Yeah.”

Rayan looked at me with shaky eyes and raised his hand in disbelief. It was as if he wanted to touch me to confirm it, and almost seemed like that was the only way to calm him down, but it wasn’t a wise thing to do now.