Hire me

‘Oops.’

I looked back at Raeyan in a panic. Without realizing it, I had called him Raeyan, not Ian, because I was glad to see him.

His name known to the outside world seemed to be Ian, so I hoped that it would not be a problem.

On the other hand, the Duke, who was uncomfortable with the fact that his daughter affectionately called another man’s name, suddenly felt a sense of déjà vu.

‘Raeyan? I think I’ve heard that name somewhere,’ he pondered.

But he was not sure where he heard it. It just felt like it.

While the Duke was lost in thought, I tried to make eye contact with Raeyan.

I looked at him to see if he was okay, but he just stared back  at me.

‘I guess it’s not a big deal.’

I was worried that I might have made a mistake, but I was relieved when Raeyan appeared to be just fine.

Rather, the current situation was a problem.

‘You really came. I wouldn’t have known if Martha hadn’t told me.’

If it wasn’t for Martha’s words that a handsome man with black hair and red eyes came to the mansion, I wouldn’t have known that Raeyan was visiting.

“Why didn’t you call me? Ian is the benefactor who saved me….”

“I was going to call,” Duke Perdia answered Elodie’s question calmly.

“…….”

The Duke of Perdia lightly ignored Raeyan’s gaze that was staring at him.

I moved to the sofa to sit down, without noticing the subtle atmosphere between the two.

It was when I was about to sit down.

“Elodie.”

“Yes?”

When I looked up at him in surprise, the Duke said emphatically, “Sit here.”

The Duke pointed to the seat next to him.

It was a very unfamiliar command for me, who had never sat next to the Duke.

I sat next to the Duke timidly and looked across. I made eye contact with Raeyan again.

“It’s been a while, Ian.”

“Yes, how have you been?”

“Well, thanks to you. Thank you, for last time.”

“I just did what I was supposed to do.”

Today was my third meeting with Raeyan.

The first meeting, which was embarrassingly short to even call it a meeting, and the second meeting that saved my life. And now.

I became aware of the name and identity of the man that I hadn’t even known the name of, but I still needed to remain vigilant and consider him an opponent because I didn’t know his true intentions.