Independent

Naturally, there was no answer to Themis’s question. Elodie was in a state of unconsciousness.

The shock hit Themis to the point where it was hard to continue talking. She couldn’t stop the negative thoughts from flowing even when she told herself that what she was thinking couldn’t be true.

Themis burst into dejected laughter and looked around the room. This time, things that were invisible before became clear to her eyes.

‘That familiar bottle. It’s an antidote.’

Empty and full bottles of the antidote that Elodie always brought were sorted. There was nothing else. None of the items it takes to actually make an antidote.

Only Themis’s poison, empty bottles, and antidotes.

As she witnessed the situation, the doubts she had felt all along were resolved one by one.

“I think it’s the power to ‘destroy’ the toxicity of poison.”

Themis recalled Elodie, who confidently said that Perdia’s power had blossomed this time.

“I don’t want to cause any misunderstanding.”

“So, you don’t have to worry.”

The way she was scared, thinking that the manifestation of her power might threaten Jansi and Carlot.

“Okay. I would like to buy the antidote preparation method; would that be difficult?”

“Uh……yes. It’s a trade secret.”

When asked for the preparation method, Elodie’s reaction was strange. The child who boasted that she would be a good partner, but desperately hid the preparation method.

At the same time, it bothered her to see that Elodie wiggled with her hands, avoiding her gaze as if she was anxious, but she believed in her and left it alone.

The result of that belief was this situation.

‘I never thought it would be a power where you have to drink it yourself.’

It’s crazy. She felt frustrated because she had been foolish and stupid.

Themis had no idea what Elodie was thinking.

‘Why are you so desperate?’

What drove this child to this extent?

Themis Perdia was a competent poisoner. As such, she knew better than anyone how strong and vicious the poison she made was.

Looking at Elodie, who was unconscious, it was possible to deduce that she instead suffered as much as the poison was strong.

Among them was a poison that could lead to death within a few minutes with a very small intake, and she drank it.

Hah.

The more she identified her poisons one by one, the more upset she was instead of calming down.

Unfortunately, while Themis was still working on controlling her emotions, Elodie’s eyelids trembled and then light pink eyes appeared.