Supporting villain

Since ancient times, even in the invisible spirit fight of the social world, there have been clear successes and decisive victories.

In order to do that, sufficient build-up was required.

Rather than immediately fighting against Dorothea’s provocation, I calmly asked first.

“What do you mean, Miss Dorothea?”

“Oh my…,,Are you mad at me? I didn’t know. To think that this is the truth Miss Elodie wants to hide.”

It was a classic socialite tactic to prove her logic was correct by forcing the other person into an emotionally charged state.

If it had been me in the past, I would have gone as far as Dorothea intended at this stage and would have gone wild.

But now I won’t fall for this obvious and elementary trick.

“Oh, no. I’m not angry. I’m smiling, aren’t I?”

I smiled brightly.

Dorothea wasn’t so surprised this time, perhaps because she had experienced my changed demeanor once already.

She said, covering her mouth with her hand as if upset.

“It’s a relief, Miss Elodie. That you’re not offended. I said it out of concern for Miss Elodie. I think….If things spread, I’m afraid people will look at you badly.”

As the conversation got longer, the people at Ishtar’s Spring began to pay more attention to us.

It seemed like a ploy to deliberately damage my reputation.

I didn’t want to deal with her because it was annoying, but because of the content Dorothea was talking about, I couldn’t ignore her.

Because she didn’t insult me alone – she insulted Perdia itself.

Duke Perdia colluded with the temple just to get me into the meeting?

‘Truly. I have to say something that makes sense.’

Even a dog passing by would laugh if I didn’t handle this well.

The Duke of Perdia was not the kind of person who would do such a thing for his illegitimate daughter.

However, there are various people in the world, and they are also tempted by these ridiculous stories.

“That…… Could it be true?”

“Perhaps it is. If it’s Perdia, it’s possible.”

Okay. Just like those people.

The young apprentice priests whispered and started talking among themselves.

I stared straight at Dorothea Angellus.

‘She’s the one who appears as a villain in the original story.’

At the last ball was the first time I had ever bumped into Dorothea since I had reincarnated into this world.

The Elodie of the original usually lived in Perdia’s annex, and occasionally during official events, couldn’t get along with people, and then tore at the hair of young people who messed with her.