Lose you again

It was quite a long time after that when the first prince finally opened his mouth again.

“…. Yes, that’s right. I fully understand what you mean.”

Was it that my heart, which really desperately wanted to break up, was finally conveyed?

Looking down at me, the first prince opened his mouth again.

“I will seriously consider breaking up. We’ll have to discuss it with Perdia as well.”

“Are you serious?”

I couldn’t believe a person who had been stubbornly saying that he wouldn’t break up the marriage would suddenly break up so meekly like this.

Looking up at him with suspicious eyes, the first prince smiled rather mischievously and asked, “Why? Was the breakup story just a ploy to get my attention?”

“No, did you think that? No way. Never. No matter what happens, absolutely not.”

I vehemently shook my head and the first prince smiled dejectedly.

“You don’t have to hate it so much.”

“Doesn’t Your Highness think I have good reasons to dislike it?”

“I can see how eager the princess is to break up the engagement/marriage.”

“Of course.”

I wouldn’t even become empress anyway, so I don’t have to keep the engagement with the first prince.

But there was something that troubled me.

According to the original story, when my sister Estelle is adopted three years later, the first prince falls in love with her at first sight.

“Your Highness. If we break off the engagement, will you get engaged to someone else right away?”

“Why would you ask such a question….”

“No reason. Please do it with the right person.”

Judging from Adenmir’s reaction, it didn’t seem like he would get engaged right away.

‘I’m trying to find out where Estelle is, but I haven’t made any progress yet.’

I don’t have a hobby of stealing other people’s first love, so I think it would be better to tie him up with Estelle, but it was dangerous to carry out the plan right away.

After I raise my independence funds and safely buy my house, I’ll have to bring Estelle home.

For some reason, the first prince’s complexion looked worse than when he first entered my room.

He wiped his tired eyes and took a step back.

“It’s getting late, so I’ll just go. If anyone witnesses this, rumors will circulate.”

“You’re the one who knows that, and you’re here at this hour?”

“There was hardly any time to talk with the princess alone.”