Chapter 40

Xu Qingshan knew that his master wanted to dig a well, so he slapped his thigh and said happily: "I also want to dig a well for my family, why don't we do it together? Sharing a well between two families can save a lot of money, and we live close to each other anyway. It's not much trouble to use water!"

He and Aunt Zhang are the only two people in Xu Qingshan's family. He has to go to the government office every day and has no time to carry water to the family. Aunt Zhang is used to doing rough work and has some strength, but after all, she is getting older and the public well in the village is far away from here. Xu Qingshan is not willing to let his mother suffer this anymore.

He has long wanted to build a well for his family, but it costs five or six taels of silver to build a well. He has just hired Ye Tao, and he will have to get married in a few months. Now he is really stretched and can't afford the money. .

Huo Aowu proposed to dig a well now, which really made him overjoyed.

"Master, if you are willing, this well will be dug in your house, and we will each pay half of the money for digging the well!"

Huo Aowu didn't mind sharing a well with the Xu family, but Ruan Yimian had just lost his temper in the morning, and now he no longer dared to make independent claims. Although he estimated that Ruan Yimian would not object, he still did not agree.

"You wait until I get back to discuss it with Mianmian."

Huo Aowu was serious and didn't think there was anything wrong in going back to discuss the matter with his young husband, but Xu Qingshan looked complicated.

His master was such a majestic person when he was at the border. Now he is really under control and has to ask his husband for instructions on everything.

I don't know if Ye Tao will be like Brother Mian, who was soft before getting married but became more powerful once they got married. Xu Qingshan shook his head, feeling very worried.

Huo Aowu went back and talked to Ruan Yimian, and Ruan Yimian was quite happy.

The well-to-do families in the village also share the same well with others. Anyway, the water from the well is endless, so there is no need to insist on digging one well even if you have money.

"Okay, this way we can save a few taels of silver!" Ruan Yimian's eyes were bright, flashing with joy.

"Brother Qingshan is willing to drill the well to our house, so let's pay more money and let them pay less?" He suggested softly.

"Okay." Huo Aowu nodded, squeezed Ruan Yimian's hand again, pretending to be indifferent: "But Xu Qingshan is my apprentice, and you are my husband, so you don't need to call him 'brother', right?"

And they screamed so affectionately.

"Then what should I call him?" Ruan Yimian frowned slightly, feeling a little confused.

"Same as me, just call your name."

Ruan Yimian felt a little rude, but he vaguely felt that his brother Huo was very concerned about this title, so he could only nodded. He had already thought about it when he got engaged. He wanted to be nice to his brother Huo, but he couldn't make him unhappy because of these little things.

After he agreed, Huo Aowu raised the corners of his mouth slightly, and he was indeed a little happy.

Ruan Yimian laughed in his heart that Brother Huo was as jealous as a child, but he didn't show it on his face. He took out a money bag from the wooden box in the corner and handed it to Huo Aowu.