Extra 1: Parental gossip 4

The family talked for a while, and then looked at the gifts brought by Ruan Yimian and others.

Lu Caimei made many small clothes and shoes, and Lin Qiu couldn't put it down after seeing them.

"My mother's craftsmanship is getting better and better, and the clothes she makes are better-looking than those in Beijing's ready-to-wear stores. With these, I won't have to buy new clothes in the six months after the baby is born."

Lu Caimei smiled: "It's better than before. The clothes and shoes that Brother Cheng gave to Huailing and the others are all exquisitely made. I followed them accordingly."

Ruan Yiwen held a pair of small shoes in his hand and compared them: "They are so small!" His eyes were unexpectedly soft, and the energy around him softened.

"Look at what Huairong Huailing and the others are wearing. They are not much bigger than this." Lu Caimei glanced at him, "You and Brother Mian also grew up from this small age."

Speaking of this, Lu Caimei had some emotion on her face: "They say they grow up slowly, but twenty or thirty years pass by in the blink of an eye. Now you are both fathers, and your father and I are both old!"

Ruan Yimian didn't like hearing this, and retorted in a low voice with pursed lips: "How old are you? Dad is only about fifty, and you are only in your forties! Didn't Dr. Wu say that you are both healthy and healthy and can live a long life?" of!"

Huo Aowu patted his young husband's hand: "Dad's carpentry workshop has just opened, and he still has to do a lot of business. Mom also has to lead the villagers to help Qiuyi Pavilion make cloth bags. The burdens on dad and mom are still there. If you don't take it off, you will definitely live a long life."

Ruan Yiwen also said: "Yes, you are not old, mother, please stop talking nonsense!"

Knowing that the children were filial, Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian looked at each other and felt very happy.

In the past few years, Ruan Yimian would take him to the medical clinic every year to ask the doctor to check their pulse. He would also buy some nourishing ingredients to replenish their bodies based on the doctor's advice. They were not allowed to work too hard on weekdays.

All of his minor ailments caused by overwork in the past two years have been cured. Now he is in very good health and looks much younger than his peers in the village.

"Yes, yes, yes, Mom said something wrong. Mom is not old, and she still wants to see our Huailing and Huairong become her own children!" Lu Caimei laughed heartily.

Ruan Dexian also joked: "Dad, I want to live to be a hundred years old, and I can't ruin Doctor Wu's signature!"

After a bit of laughter, the atmosphere relaxed again.

After all, lunch was a bit rushed, and the dinner in the evening was much grander. The dishes on the table were all the favorites of Ruan Yimian and others.

The food for the two little cubs was prepared separately. Lin Qiu heard that they were about to be weaned, so she asked the kitchen staff to buy some ingredients suitable for the little cubs.

Ruan Yiwen took over the task of feeding Huailing and won the little cub's favor with a bowl of fish soup.

Huailing was nestled softly in his arms, and her obedient appearance made Ruan Yiwen look forward to the child in Lin Qiu's belly even more.

After dinner, Ruan Dexian and his wife took Huairong and Huailing to play in the front yard. Ruan Yiwen mysteriously took Huo Aowu to the side hall to talk, and Lin Qiu took Ruan Yimian to the study.