1 ⋆*・゚:⋆ daddy issues.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| DADDY ISSUES |
song: daddy issues by the neighbourhood

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

ARA WAS SITTING AT A TABLE WITH RON and Hermione at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, discussing what they did during the summer when she spotted a mess of jet-black hair.

"Harry!" she called, trying to get his attention.

"Where?" Ron wiped his head around, trying to spot him.

Ara ignored him while Hermione pointed Ron towards the right direction.

"Harry, HARRY!" Ara finally yelled loud enough for him to turn around, his face lit up when he spotted them. Ara waved a hand to him to come and he quickened his pace to get to them faster.

When he was finally close enough Ara stood up to give him a warm hug, receiving one back immediately. They were about the same height now, with Harry just being a few centimetres taller than her, she would make sure to rub it in his face later.

"Hey, Nyx," Harry grinned as they pulled away.

Nyx, commonly known as the Goddess of the Night, was the nickname Harry had come up with in their first year after he said that it was unfair that Ara had endless nicknames for him but he didn't have one for her. He thought it fit her since her name was a constellation and it was known that Ara preferred night over day.

"Wonder boy," Ara nodded, with a smile. "Your hairbrush got lost?"

She added that last comment referring to the way his hair appeared to have gotten even messier—if that was even possible—it was sticking in different directions, never laying flat, though Ara didn't mind.

Harry just rolled his eyes, flicking her arm in retaliation.

"Finally!" said Ron grinning as Ara and Harry sat down "We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said you'd left, and we went to Flourish and Boltts, and— "

"I got all my school stuff last week," explained Harry. "And how come you knew I was staying at the Leaky Cauldron?"

"Dad," said Ron simply.

"Did you really blow up your aunt Harry?" said Hermione in a serious tone

"I didn't mean to," said Harry, while Ara and Ron roared with laughter. "I just—lost control"

"It's not funny, you two," said Hermione sharply.

"Oh, come on, you've got to admit it's a bit funny, 'Mione," Ara chuckled, ignoring the pointed look Hermione sent her way.

"Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled."

"So am I," admitted Harry. "Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested"

"Anyway," said Ara, her chuckling finally quieting down. "We're staying at the Leaky Cauldron tonight too—"

"So you can come to King's Cross with us tomorrow! Hermione's there as well" said Ron, cutting her off.

Hermione nodded beaming.

"Excellent!" said Harry happily. "So, have you all got your new books and stuff?"

Ara and Hermione nodded

"Look at this," said Ron, pulling a long thin box and opening it. "Brand-new wand. Fourteen inches, willow, containing one unicorn tail-hair."