53 ⋆*・゚:⋆ the start of realisation.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| THE START OF REALISATION |
song: my kind of woman by mac demarco.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

September 1981

A woman with soft brown eyes, freckled cheeks and braided hair sank into the plush surface of a soft, brown sofa, nestled between two babies. Her frown softened with adoration as she gazed at them, their young faces filled with innocence and wonder. Drawing them closer, she revelled in the warmth of their tiny bodies against hers, feeling a surge of love that seemed to radiate from within.

"Mummy, rea' book?" the small baby girl to her right whispered, her voice barely audible as she struggled to lift a book.

Ava's heart melted at the request. "You want me to read you a bedtime story?" she asked gently. Little Ara and Harry nodded eagerly, their eyes shining with anticipation.

"Alright, sweethearts, come here," Ava said, beckoning them closer.

The two babies cuddled up against her, their fingers tracing the colourful illustrations in the book with wide-eyed curiosity.

"Loo' Awa!" Harry exclaimed, his chubby finger pointing enthusiastically at a picture of a starry night on the first page. His keen observation skills never failed to impress Ava; he had always noticed Ara's fascination with the stars whenever Sirius took her outside.

"Wow," murmured little Ara, her voice filled with awe.

Ava chuckled softly, her heart swelling with affection at the sight of their innocence.

"Hello, darling," a voice whispered in her ear then, followed by a gentle kiss on her cheek. She turned to see her husband, his eyes filled with affection.

"Wanna join our reading time?" Ara asked.

"I'd be delighted to," he smirked, planting a quick kiss on her lips.

The two babies giggled and covered each other's eyes playfully.

"This is the PDA police!" James suddenly declared dramatically as he entered the room. "You're both disgusting."

Sirius rolled his eyes, discreetly throwing James a rude gesture before he joined his wife and daughter. James huffed in offence as he sat on the other side, muttering something along the lines of "fifty dog. . ."

Ava gave him a deadpanned look, "We're not even in public, dipshit," she teased, softly running her fingers through Ara's hair.

"Language!" Sirius and James scolded simultaneously, covering their babies' ears.

"Oh, I'm the one who needs to watch her language? Who were the ones that taught Ara and Harry how to say curse words two weeks ago—"

"It was an accident!"

"Really? Because I remember you saying something like, 'not like that Ara, you've got to pronounce the 'F' right, otherwise people might mistake it for the word 'duck!'"

"It was his idea!" the two men pointed at each other, a mischievous glint in their eyes.

Ara shot them a disapproving glare, her patience wearing thin. She just wanted her bedtime story. Determined, she reached over and covered her dad's mouth with her tiny hand, then turned to her mum. "Rea' book?"