24 ⋆*・゚:⋆ pinky promise.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| PINKY PROMISE |
song: ribs by lorde

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

THE LOUD HOWLING OF THE WIND AND THE SOUND OF RAINDROPS SMASHING AGAINST HER WINDOW were the first things she registered when she tiredly opened her eyes. Ara squinted, seeing the grey sky and the dark clouds, and a small smile grew on her face as she let her eyes fall closed once again, relishing in the sound of the rain and bathing in its calming chaos. Most people would groan at the sight of such weather but Ara had always had a thing for gloomy days. A few of her fondest memories took place on days like this, where she and her family would gather around the fire with hot chocolate and joke around until their stomachs cramped up from how hard they laughed.

She remembered how she and Ron would sneak away to play under the harsh raindrops, sticking their tongues out in hopes of catching as many droplets as possible, jumping in the endless puddles that would form in their garden and later returning inside with muddied clothes.

Besides, it was a comfort to know that even something as formidable as the sky had to weep sometimes. Even the strongest can be reduced to their weakest in a matter of moments. It was humbling knowledge.

Ara blinked her eyes open again, slumber was too tempting and she couldn't afford to oversleep, especially when they would be leaving for Hogwarts today.

Reluctantly, she sat up and crawled out of her warm blanket. She went over her usual routine, she brushed her teeth, showered and chose casual attire but not before making sure her hair looked perfect enough, she decided to let it fall in loose waves today. Lastly, she eyed the dress that was still carefully folded on top of her dresser and fetched her trunk, she gently packed it in her basically full suitcase, somehow managing to make it fit without damaging it.

With a triumphant sigh, she opened the door to her room only to find her familiar grey cat sitting outside as if waiting for her, "Hi, baby," Ara immediately bent down to pick up Venus, bringing her to her chest and kissing her fluffy head as she headed downstairs for breakfast.

When she reached the first-floor landing she placed Venus on the floor and saw Harry, Ron, Fred and George sitting around the table. Before she even got the chance to part her lips and say good morning, Mrs. Weasley appeared at the foot of the stairs, looking harassed.

"Oh, Ara, good morning, dear, serve yourself some breakfast—Arthur!" she called up the staircase after giving Ara a quick kiss on the cheek "Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"

Ara dodged as Mr. Weasley, who absently patted her head and stumbled a brief greeting, clattered past with his robes on back-to-front and hurtled out of sight. Then she saw Mrs. Weasley rummaging anxiously in the drawers — "I've got a quill here somewhere!"

"Morning," Ara said as she finally managed to reach her brothers and Harry.

Ron merely grunted, too tired to talk as he stuffed his face with food.

"Morning, Ria," chorused the twins.

"Good morning, Nyx," said Harry, surprisingly cheerful as he smiled over at her.

Ara was about to ask what was for breakfast when she caught sight of something by the floor, she had to look twice to make sure what she'd seen was actually there and she was, in fact, not imagining it.

Amos Diggory's head was sitting in the middle of the flames like a large, bearded egg. It was talking very fast, completely unperturbed by the sparks flying around it and the flames licking its ears. It wasn't unusual for wizards to communicate in this form and yet Ara had never quite gotten used to it. She shook her head as she sat down beside Ron.