36 ⋆*・゚:⋆ who he'd miss most.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| WHO HE'D MISS MOST |
song: look after you by the fray.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"YOU SAID YOU'D ALREADY WORKED OUT THAT EGG CLUE!" said Hermione indignantly.

"Keep your voice down!" said Harry crossly. "I just need to —sort of fine-tune it, all right?"

Ara, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting at the very back of the Charms class with a table to themselves. They were supposed to be practising the opposite of the Summoning Charm today — the Banishing Charm. Owing to the potential for nasty accidents when objects kept flying across the room, Professor Flitwick had given each student a stack of cushions on which to practise, the theory being that these wouldn't hurt anyone if they went off target. It was a good theory, but it wasn't working very well. Neville's aim was so poor that he kept accidentally sending much heavier things flying across the room — Professor Flitwick, for instance.

"But—Ara, you said you would help him!" scolded Hermione.

"I did help him!" Ara protested.

"Throwing the egg across the common room isn't exactly helping!"

"Just forget the egg for a minute, all right?" Harry hissed as Professor Flitwick went whizzing resignedly past them, landing on top of a large cabinet. "We're trying to tell you about Snape and Moody. . . ."

This class was an ideal cover for a private conversation, as everyone was having far too much fun to pay them any attention. Ara and Harry had been recounting their adventures of the previous night in whispered instalments for the last half hour.

"Snape said Moody's searched his office as well?" Ron whispered, his eyes alight with interest as he Banished a cushion with a sweep of his wand (it soared into the air and knocked Parvati's hat off).

"What . . . d'you reckon Moody's here to keep an eye on Snape as well as Karkaroff?"

"Well, I dunno if that's what Dumbledore asked him to do, but he's definitely doing it," said Harry, waving his wand without paying much attention, so that his cushion did an odd sort of belly flop off the desk. "Moody said Dumbledore only lets Snape stay here because he's giving him a second chance or something. . . ."

"What?" said Ron, his eyes widening, his next cushion spinning high into the air, ricocheting off the chandelier, and dropping heavily onto Flitwick's desk. "Harry . . . maybe Moody thinks Snape put your name in the Goblet of Fire!"

"Oh, Ron," said Hermione, shaking her head sceptically, "we thought Snape was trying to kill Harry before, and it turned out he was saving Harry's life, remember?"

She banished a cushion and it flew across the room and landed in the box they were all supposed to be aiming at.

"Listen, I agree with Ron," Ara said and Ron motioned to her as if to say 'see?' "I wouldn't put it past Snape to want to get you killed, he hates you—"

"Then why didn't he do the same to you?" spluttered Hermione, "Ara, he isn't exactly welcoming to you either—"

"Maybe he wants to make me suffer a bit longer," Ara rolled her eyes as she levitated her cushion above Ron's head before making it fall on his face. He glared at her. "Besides. . .Snape might not just only be an insufferable teacher."

"Meaning?" sighed Hermione.

"I think he's a Death Eater," Ara said quietly, and the three gaped at her in disbelief. "What? It's not that hard to believe, I mean we've never seen his left forearm, and last night he grabbed onto it as if on instinct."