42 ⋆*・゚:⋆ magical wild thing.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| MAGICAL WILD THING |
song: gone, gone, gone by philips philips.
TW: torture.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

WORMTAIL APPROACHED HARRY FIRST, WHO SCRAMBLED TO FIND his feet, to support his own weight before the ropes were untied. Wormtail raised his new silver hand, pulled out the wad of material gagging Harry, and then, with one swipe, cut through the bonds tying Harry to the gravestone.

He didn't waste a second as he snatched the blade that Wormtail had used earlier, the one he used to cut his forearm, and quickly ran to Ara's side, completely ignoring the pain in his injured leg as he hurriedly limped towards her.

Wormtail made a movement to get him, but Voldemort silently raised a hand to stop him. Harry wasn't paying them any attention, all he was focusing on was untying Ara.

He fumbled with the ropes and a few seconds later he managed to cut them, successfully freeing her. Not being able to hold herself up completely, she slumped forward into his arms, which were already ready to catch her. She shakily raised a hand to get rid of the cloth in her mouth, coughing. Ara could still practically feel the Cruciatus Curse on her, her bones felt as if they'd been dozed in acid, her mouth felt dry, her head was pounding, and all she wanted to do at the moment was curl herself into a ball and wrap her arms around herself.

"Ara." Harry's soft and concerned voice rang through her ears. "Hey, Ara, please look at me."

She hadn't even realised that she had shut her eyes, so she slowly fluttered them open, only to be met with the emerald eyes of Harry, his  face filled with concern and fear.

"I'm here, okay?" Harry wrapped his arms around her in a protective manner, he was speaking so low that only she could hear him. "I promise I'll get you out of here."

Ara tried to speak but Harry shushed her gently, she normally would've rolled her eyes and talked anyway, but right now she felt grateful because her throat felt as if she'd swallowed sand mixed with needles. Right now, she was relying on Harry and she hated it, she didn't want him to fight alone, she didn't want that weight to push on his shoulders.

He carefully placed her behind him as the Death Eaters closed ranks, forming a tighter circle around them and Voldemort so that the gaps where the missing Death Eaters should have stood were filled. Wormtail walked out of the circle to the place where Cedric's body lay and returned with Ara and Harry's wands, which he thrust roughly into Harry's hand without looking at either of them. Then Wormtail resumed his place in the circle of watching Death Eaters as Harry gave Ara her wand behind him.

"You have been taught how to duel?" said Voldemort softly, his red eyes glinting through the darkness.

At these words, Harry remembered, as though from a former life, the duelling club at Hogwarts he had attended briefly two years ago. . . All he had learned there was the Disarming Spell, "Expelliarmus" and what use would it be to deprive Voldemort of his wand, even if he could, when they were surrounded by Death Eaters? He had never learned anything that could possibly fit him for this. He knew he was facing the thing against which Moody had always warned the unblockable Avada Kedavra curse.

Ara on the other hand was choosing to stay optimistic, even if her realist side was telling her that this was a lost battle, she chose to ignore it and started to try to think. They were clearly outnumbered by at least thirty to two, and she and Harry weren't that experienced with spells like the Death Eaters. Even if she was quite good at duelling, she was no match for all these people, especially since her senses were all over the place, she was shaking like a leaf, her body still not strong enough to hold itself up. She ordered her mind to concentrate and think of something, but everything was hazy and blurry. The only thing that she was certain about was that she would fight, she would fight until she couldn't no more. She wouldn't kneel for this thing.