10 ⋆*・゚:⋆ expecto patronum.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| EXPECTO PATRONUM |
song: can't catch me now by olivia rodrigo.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

EVEN THOUGH ARA FELT ANGRY AT HERMIONE'S actions, she couldn't bring herself to be fully mad at her. She knew that Hermione had done what she thought was right, she was merely protecting them and Ara couldn't fault her for that. She knew she and Hermione were quite protective over their friends, and Ara knew she only had good intentions.

Though while Ara managed to keep her irritation mild, the same couldn't be said for Harry and Ron. So, Hermione started avoiding the common room, except for when Ara was in it since Harry and Ron refused to utter more than two words to her. And Ara—ever the peacemaker—always tried to get them all together hoping that they'd eventually give up their pettiness and move on. But they were all quite stubborn. She tried to divide her time in order to be able to hang out with them all, but it was becoming quite annoying.

All in all, they were all glad when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again. Wood sought Harry and Ara out on the night before term started.

"Had a good Christmas, you two?" he said, and then, without waiting for an answer, he sat down, lowered his voice, and said, "I've been doing some thinking over Christmas. After the last match, you know. If the dementors come to the next one. . .I mean. . . we can't afford you two to—well—"

Wood broke off, looking awkward.

"Don't worry, Oliver, we're working on it," Ara reassured him.

"Yeah, Professor Lupin said he'd train us to ward off the dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time after Christmas." added Harry.

"Ah," said Wood, his expression clearing. "Well, in that case—I really didn't want to lose you two as Chaser and Seeker. And have you ordered new brooms yet?"

"No," said Harry, while Ara shook her head.

"What! You'd better get a move on, you know—you can't ride those Shooting Stars against Ravenclaw!"

"They both got Firebolts for Christmas," said Ron suddenly.

"Firebolts? No! Seriously? Real—real Firebolts?"

"Don't get too excited, Oliver," said Ara gloomily. "They were confiscated."

Harry quickly explained all about how the Firebolts were now being checked for jinxes.

"Jinxed? How could they be jinxed?" Wood's face twisted.

"Sirius Black," Harry said wearily. "He's supposed to be after us. So McGonagall reckons he might have sent them."

Waving aside the information that a famous murderer was after his Chaser and Seeker, Wood said, "But Black couldn't have bought a Firebolt! He's on the run! The whole country's on the lookout for him! How could he just walk into a Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy a broomstick?"

"Tell that to Minnie," said Ara, rolling her eyes and laying her back against the sofa.

"McGonagall still wants to strip it down—" Harry started.

Wood went pale.

"Terrifying thought, isn't it?" smirked Ara, having caught the look on his face.

"I'll go and talk to her," he promised. "I'll make her see the reason. . . Firebolts. . . real Firebolts, on our team. . . She wants Gryffindor to win as much as we do. . . I'll make her see sense. Real Firebolts. . ."