16 ⋆*・゚:⋆ the truth unravels.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| THE TRUTH UNRAVELS |
song: make you feel all my love by adele.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

IT TOOK A FEW SECONDS FOR THE STATEMENT TO SINK IN.

"You're both mental," Ron said.

"Ridiculous!" said Hermione faintly.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead!" said Harry. "He killed him twelve years ago!"

He pointed at Black, whose face twitched convulsively.

Ara swallowed past the lump in her throat. In her opinion, it wasn't impossible to believe it was a possibility. They'd never found Peter Pettigrew's body and Scabber's had been alive for a suspiciously long time for a common rat. . .Ara's heart was almost beating out of her chest as the thought that maybe, just maybe Black was telling the truth.

If he was then. . .she'd been living with a criminal, a murderer for the past twelve years.

Her stomach lurched with revolution.

"It's not completely mad," Ara voiced, her tone giving nothing away. "It could actually be a possibility.."

Her friends looked at her in disbelief.

Black's face seemed to slightly relax when he heard her open-mindedness.

"I meant to kill him, trust me I did," he growled, "but little Peter got the better of me. . . not this time, though!"

Crookshanks was thrown to the floor as Black lunged at Scabbers; Ron yelled with pain as Black's weight fell on his broken leg.

"Sirius, NO!" Lupin yelled, launching himself forward and dragging Black away from Ron again, "WAIT! You can't do it just like that — they need to understand — we've got to explain—"

"We can explain afterwards!" snarled Black, trying to throw Lupin off. One hand was still clawing the air as it tried to reach Scabbers, who was squealing like a piglet, scratching Ron's face and neck as he tried to escape.

"They've — got — a — right — to — know — everything!" Lupin panted, still trying to restrain Black. "Ron's kept him as a pet! There are parts of it even I don't understand, and Ara and Harry — you owe your daughter and Harry the truth, Sirius!"

Black stopped struggling, though his hollowed eyes were still fixed on Scabbers, who was clamped tightly under Ron's bitten, scratched, and bleeding hands.

"All right, then," Black said, without taking his eyes off the rat. "Tell them whatever you like. But make it quick, Remus. I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for. . ."

"You're nutters, both of you," said Ron shakily, looking round at Ara, Harry and Hermione for support. "I've had enough of this. I'm off."

He tried to heave himself up on his good leg, but Lupin raised his wand again, pointing it at Scabbers.

"You're going to hear me out, Ron," he said quietly. "Just keep a tight hold on Peter while you listen."

"HE'S NOT PETER, HE'S SCABBERS!" Ron yelled, trying to force the rat back into his front pocket, but Scabbers was fighting too hard; Ron swayed and overbalanced, and Ara caught him and pushed him back down to the bed just as Harry turned to Lupin.

"There were witnesses who saw Pettigrew die," he said. "A whole street full of them. . ."

"They didn't see what they thought they saw!" said Black savagely, still watching Scabbers struggling in Ron's hands.