8 ⋆*・゚:⋆ the marauders map.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| THE MARAUDERS MAP |
song: miserable man by david kushner.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

MADAM POMFREY INSISTED on keeping Harry and Ara in the hospital wing for the rest of the weekend.

While Ara had already accepted that her broom couldn't be mended, Harry wouldn't let Madam Pomfrey throw away the shattered remnants of his Nimbus. Ara couldn't blame him, it was one of the first gifts he had ever received, and it had some sentimental value.

They had a stream of visitors, all intent on cheering them up. Hagrid sent them a bunch of earwiggy flowers that looked like yellow cabbages, and Ginny had made a get-well card for her sister. The Gryffindor team visited again on Sunday morning, this time accompanied by Wood, who told Harry and Ara (in a hollow, dead sort of voice) that he didn't blame them in the slightest. Ron and Hermione left Ara and Harry's bedside only at night. Ara wasn't feeling as miserable as Harry, who still appeared to be particularly gloomy despite everyone's visits and encouraging words. Ara didn't know what else she could do to help his mood lift, she'd already tried to cheer him up with words as well as hugs, she even transformed into her Animagus form hoping that he'd find it amusing but she only managed to get a few small smiles and laughs out of him.

But Harry appreciated her attempts all the same, glad that even though his demeanour was downcast, he wasn't lonely.

During one of their nights at the Hospital Wing, Harry had confessed to Ara that he thought he'd seen the Grim during their match. Ara suggested maybe he'd gotten confused and imagined it but Harry was insistent. She believed him and kept quiet as Harry didn't want Ron and Hermione to know, considering that they'd most likely freak out.

It was a relief to return to the noise and bustle of the main school on Monday, where they were forced to think about other things, other than hearing their mums getting murdered, even if they had to endure Draco Malfoy's taunting. Malfoy was almost beside himself with glee at Gryffindor's defeat. He had finally taken off his bandages and celebrated having the full use of both arms again by doing spirited imitations of Harry and Ara falling off their brooms.

Malfoy spent much of their next Potions class doing dementor imitations across the dungeon; Ron finally cracked and flung a large, slippery crocodile heart at Malfoy, which hit him in the face and caused Snape to take fifty points from Gryffindor.

"If Snape's teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off," said Ron as they headed toward Lupin's classroom after lunch. "Check who's in there, Hermione."

Hermione peered around the classroom door.

"It's okay!"

Professor Lupin was back at work. It certainly looked as though he had been ill. His old robes were hanging more loosely on him and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes; nevertheless, he smiled at the class as they took their seats, and they burst at once into an explosion of complaints about Snape's behaviour while Lupin had been ill.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves—"

"—two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?"

Lupin asked, frowning slightly.

The babble broke out again.

"Yes, but he said we were really behind—"

"—he wouldn't listen—"