The starting of the tale (Ch-1)

Dakshika's POV

"Not all princesses have fairytales." someone ones told me, though at that time I wasn't mature enough to know what that means. But now I do. And I can't help but agree to these words which now depict my life. But yet, the same person told me, that "You don't need to rely on destiny to always send a hero who would rescue you, sometimes you need to snatch the pen and write your own chapter the way you want, with you being your own hero." And now I have decided to let these words direct me. I am now ready to snatch the pen and start on my own and take control of what's gonna happen.

Looking at the busy city moving with the same speed as the daylight in the light of the sky's glowing orb through the glass window of my study room, I have been thinking about all these. These thoughts weren't new to me though. But now I think it's the time to go back to where I belong and to take what's mine. Turning back, I collapsed on the couch of the study when my eyes fell on the three photo frames kept on my desk, and I couldn't stop myself from going back to the memories which were dark and painful but were still a part of me. Those nightmares or should I say the traumatic past, because nightmares are the ones which we just imagine in our slumber, not the ones which we experience with open eyes, are which made me what I am today.

Vikram Rajput and Padmini Vyaas were friends since their school days. This friendship later on converted into deep love and the two decided to tell their families that they want to spend the rest of their lives together.
Vikram came from the Royal family of Rajasthan which was one of the most powerful families of the world and though Vikram didn't know but Padmini belonged to the most dangerous mafia family of the world. Although for the world they were just some businessmen who were too ideal and rich to be underestimated and ignored. Padmini wanted to tell this to Vikram but her one promise to her father bounded her.
When the families got to know about their kids loving each other the Royal family was quick to send a proposal to the 'Vyaas'. Because they wanted to marry their son at a young age of 18 so that 'he could become responsible' was what they said. Padmini's father was a little hesitant about the early marriage but couldn't deny after his daughter's constant pleadings. Soon the two most powerful families married off their children to each other.
Life was going on like a fairy tale now, the second couple of this generation of the Royal family were blessed with a baby boy but what devastated them was the news that now there are negligible chances that Padmini could conceive again. Anyways, the family focused on the good part and the second prince of Rajasthan 'Rudra Singh Shekhawat' was welcomed home. But there was something which kept nagging Virendra and his Wife, which they knew could break the hearts of many of them and so they waited for the right time.
"Vikram, I want to talk to you about something important. " Said Padmini to her husband. "Yes biwi, go on tell me, what is it? " Asked Vikram.
"I think you should get married." said Padmini with no emotions in her voice. "What are you saying biwi, I am already married. " he said with a chuckle not taking her seriously. "Vikram aap-, I am telling you to get married to someone else once again."
She said with her voice dropped low.

"Do you even know Mini what the hell are you saying! " He asked his voice rising with anger visible in it. "You already know, this family needs a daughter and neither I nor 'Bhabhi sa' can give this dynasty a child. And... "
"And?, And what Mini, tell me what is it? " He asked desperately. "And I don't have much time with me. The doctor said the max I will live is one or one and a half year. " Her voice dropped low with each syllable. A tear drop slipped his eye, "No Mini don't say like that please, please you know I can't live without you." "I know that Vik but you need to, for me, for Rudra, for our family. And that's why I have decided to find a bride for you. Someone who will hold you when I ain't be there. "

And though Vikram Rajput never wanted to marry someone else, yet he had to just because Padmini V. Shekhawat asked to consider it as her last wish. Padmini Shekhawat made sure to make 'Vikram and Nandini's' wedding a grand one. The palace went to normal again with none being much affected by the arrangement except Vikram. He loved his wife dearly but Nandini was one such woman who you can't ignore, not that he wanted to do so. That too when she left her family for him. He was no jerk to blame Nandini and ignore her just because she was here to replace his wife who will be gone soon. The family needed a daughter and the only person who would be able to bless them with this happiness was Nandini.

Padmini was treated well by everyone, entry of Nandini in the Shekhawat palace didn't change her place in their hearts. Even the new wife of her husband now had a special bond with her, but someone was there who didn't like the fact that his 'Padma ma' was being replaced. Though a five-year-old, 'Dhairya Singh Shekhawat' was smart enough to notice that people were giving the 'new chachi sa' same rights as his 'Padma ma' and he didn't like that. It was the last straw when one day he saw his 'Padma ma 'crying in a room that would be given to the new baby which is in the 'new chachisa's' tummy. He ran to her and hugged her, "What happened 'Padma ma' why are you crying? Did someone say anything to you, you can tell me I will go and beat him, I'll punch him in his face like this" he said making a fist and throwing it in the air with as much force as he could gather. Padmini chuckled with tears in her eyes. " Kya hua, do you think this won't be enough? " he asked innocently. She gently held his hand and made him sit in her lap. "Dhairya beta, will you promise me, that whatever Padma ma will tell you, you won't tell it to anyone else? " she asked wiping her tears away. "Ok. I promise you it will be our secret." he said dropping his voice very low and whispering as if it was a real secret. Padmini smiled at this. " Baby, God is calling 'Padma ma' to him, and I can't say to no to him. Tears instantly filled his eyes as the spark in them was replaced by sadness, " No please, you can't go and even if you want to take me with you." He said as more tears fell down his cheeks. " That's not possible Dhairya aur aap to humare strong baby ho na. You won't cry", she said wiping his tears. "But there is one more thing, there is a baby inside here too", she said pointing towards her stomach "and you know it will only be able to come to you if you pray to God and request him to send it to you." "Really? But if you'll be gone than who will be able to look after the baby. Dhairya might look big but still he is also a small boy ma." He said, his voice holding sadness and curiosity both. "Everybody in the family will bacha, but you especially need to promise me that you will always protect your little prince or princess, when I won't be there. Will you? " " Yes, I will always protect my princess, and I will love her very much I will share my toys and chocolates with her. Okay? " He said with a determined voice. "Okay. But how do you know it's a princess and not a prince?" "I know Padma ma, I have a feeling that it is my baby princess." He said with a proud voice. "Okay. But remember Dhairya it's our secret and no one should know this. No one means no one. Promise me"
"Okay Padma ma, I promise you no one will know this secret apart from us."

But before the little princess could see the world Padmini Shekhawat was kidnapped by Viraaj Shekhawat and later on the Royals got to know that Padmini is no more. What no one got to know was that she didn't die because of her illness but was murdered by someone in the Royal family itself. Though the doctors refused to give her body because of certain problems, and they had to do her last rights without her body.

After three months Nandini gave birth to a baby boy and though everyone was happy, yet they stressed as it was necessary to have a girl child. And so, the family finally decide to adopt a four month old, to make her the descender to the throne. And that girl was named as 'Dakshika Singh Shekhawat.'

Hope so you like the starting. It was necessary to give the details of the past in order to write the further plot. The further chapters will contain glimpse of the past from different person's point of views.

Happy Reading.