Tied Together (ch-20)

Author's Pov:

When Mahaguru heard everything he was quiet for a few minutes.

Seeing this Mohan Pandit quickly came forward and said, "Mahaguru, they did a sin that makes them worthy of punishment. They are not married and yet were the first couple to offer something to the Shivling on this auspicious day.

It can be done only by married couple." Saying this he turned towards the villagers and said, " Ain't I right? Shouldn't they be punished."

The villagers agreed to whatever he said. They were not a true couple and they can't let someone break the decads old tradition of the village.

However amidst the chaos, Mahaguru's authorative voice echoed, "Stop it. The problem is that they are not married. So instead of punishing them, we need to focus on solving this problem."

Akshar and Dakshika looked at him confusingly, while Purohit ji shook his head in defeat.

"Yes, the problem is that they aren't couple. So, the solution is to make them a couple." Mahaguru said again.

"But how is this possible Mahaguru!? We are strangers, how can we become a couple?" This time it was Dakshika.

"I don't think so, that you both are so dumb to not understand that. But even if you are let me say it clearly, you will have to marry each other today in this temple itself. " Mahaguru said.

Akshar instantly argued, "How can you say that! Even after knowing the circumstances you are agreeing with these people? "

"The thing is not about agreeing or not, it is about beliefs and traditions." Saying this Mahaguru, took the seat arranged for him.

" Years before when the King of this region Raja Rajvardhan Rathore, ruled this kingdom, then at the time of a great famine this temple was constructed in his guidance."

" When the construction was completed, one of the nobles suggested him that a sacrifice should be made so that the Kuldevi would be pleased.

But the condition was; 'the sacrifice should be a young unmarried girl.'

Maharaj was not ready for this, but then the kingdom forced him to do so.

Seeing this the first born daughter of Maharaj, Rajkumaari Shailja asked her father to offer her as a sacrifice.

Though Maharaj and everybody else tried to convince her not to do so, she was determined. So the day came and it was 'Arudra Darsanam', that day when Princess Shailja was brought to the temple all ready to be sacrificed, something unexpected happened.

The young King of the Rival Kingdom,
King Harshil, entered the kingdom with his army. The kingdom was not prepared for this. Before they could fight, King Harshil's guard aimed the king.

Without saying anything, King Harshil carried Princess Shailja upstairs, bathed the Shivling with their hands connected and then carried her outside.

He married Princess Shailja in front of everyone while the Princess tried to stop him from doing so.

After marrying her King Harshil signalled his army to leave the King.  Maharaj's army was about to attack but then the Maha Mahaguru stopped them. He asked King Harshil the reason behind doing all this.

To which King Harshil replied, " We both were in love with each other. But we knew that we would never be able to marry each other. So when Shailja heard about the sacrifice she agreed to offer her life for the welfare of her people.