Surprise (Ch-8)

Author's Pov:

Dakshika was sitting in her room when, again there was a knock on the door. She knew it can't be Ruhanika when she just went away. It was someone else. Opening the door, she was met with Meera.

Dakshika was sitting in her room when, again there was a knock on the door. She knew it can't be Ruhanika when she just went away. It was someone else. Opening the door she was met with Meera.

Meera Rawat, the trapped soul in this palace. No, not physically, but emotionally. She was three, when she saw her father die in front of her.

And the next day she was brought to the Royal Palace by Dakshika stating that she is their responsibility.

Though she doesn't really remember when did she change from a responsibility to a reason for their happiness.

She can never thank her enough for this change in her life but at the same time she couldn't forget the genuine love that the Shekhawats showered her with.

Though if she has to choose between her Dakshika jiji and her family she wouldn't think twice before choosing Dakshika.

"Meera you! Now that's a good surprise." Dakshika's voice filled with  happiness.

Meera's Pov:

Standing before me was my saviour, my jiji. Seeing her after so many years, made me numb for a few seconds.

When Dhairya bhai called me telling me that it was something urgent and I need to come today, instead of tomorrow, what I didn't expect was this beautiful surprise.

I am not able to believe my eyes, she has grown up to become even more beautiful than before. And there isn't any doubt that internally she is even more beautiful.

She looked a little confused when I didn't react at all. But then her face went back to normal. I guess she understood that it was a surprise for me as well.

I took a step towards her and jumped on her. She took a step back but soon balanced herself. She hugged me back and I buried my face in her neck.

A chuckle escaped her mouth, and she started stroking my hair with one hand while her other hand held me up. "Is that enough now? "

I know she likes to be hugged by the people she loves and I am surely one of them. I also know that she won't say it out loud. I slowly left her and shyly put a strand of hair behind my ears.

When I turned around to see at Dhairya bhai sa I saw him standing there, smiling at us. I gave him a thankful smile and again turned towards Dakshi jiji.

Dakshika's Pov:

"So it was all your plan. I mean, I was planning to surprise her and you planned to surprise me. Great bhai." I said in a playful voice.

"Leave it now. What I was thinking is that, now when we all are together after so much time, let's go and have a little fun. I already took a day off from office. Not that I needed someone's concent, it's just that I informed them."

I agreed along with Meera. We have been to a few dayouts before. Our day simply goes on as we visit a few local markets hiding our identity, fairs and a dhaba. That's it.

They went to their rooms to get ready. I didn't plan on changing what I was wearing. I just took my phone, earbuds, glasses and my wallet.

I descended down and sat on the sofa in the living room. I should be prepared, cause I think if anybody sees me, they won't leave a chance to taunt me.

"Do you think you can leave whenever you want? " And I was proved right in a second. It was eldest Mrs. Shekhawat, aka my grandmother.

"Yes."That's only thing I said before I resumed going through my emails.

This made her fume. "Oh, so now you got a tongue and learnt to speak in front of me." Her voice sounded angry and frustated.

"Well I always had one, but back then, I loved and cared for you people, so I refrained myself for the sake of you people. But now my love for you died, so, I don't have any such compulsions."

"Dakshika Shekhawat did you forget the life you are living today, is because of us, given by-"

"That's a lie you feed yourselves. Aap me se kisi me bhi na to itni himmat hai aur na haisiyat ki aap humari lifestyle ko accept kr sake, to behtar ye hoga ki aap ab apni had me rhe. Keep it in your mind because I don't like to repeat myself." My voice a little louder than my normal tone.
(None of you have either the courage or the status to accept my lifestyle, so it's better if you stay in your limits.)

Dhairya's Pov:
As expected, whenever they see Dakshika alone they don't ever leave the opportunity to disappoint her. I wish they knew the truth.

But one thing is decided now, the day they'll know the truth they won't even have the courage to face her let alone apologize to her.

And something in me tells them that maybe Dakshika won't ever forgive them. I don't know but something in her eyes tells me that it's not only what I am seeing, but it has more to it.

I feel there are secrets that are hidden from me and they surface in her eyes whenever they try to hurt her, to break her.

There is something that makes her obsessed to go on with it, to endure everything and still stand high. And I believe that it isn't just to protect the Shekhawats. There is something more to it.

Meera's Pov:
Looking at the scene I so badly want to stop dadi sa and make her realise that, to what extent has she gone blinded in her daughter's love.

But that's the irony, I can't and those who can, don't want to. Each Shekhawat is a mystery and you can't solve it until you know the process in its making.

That's why they don't easily share their secrets no matter how close you are.

And even though I want to solve these mysteries and know the secrets I can't be determined to do so. I just can't. I can not tolerate the amount of patience, tactics and endurance you will need. The torture you will see.

And though you won't be the one to be tortured, you couldn't help but feel them. Because of the intensity. And at last you will break not being able to see so many broken pieces. Waiting to be collected, to be mended by someone.

And I have a feeling that, that person is already here. They don't know it yet, but I believe they will notice it soon. I just pray that it isn't too late.