My Family (ch-18)

Author's Pov:

Four days passed and the next day was the auspicious day on which both Dakshika and Akshar had to visit the temple.

These four days were not like what Dakshika planned, but then again, they weren't bad either. Guess, God had a better plan this time.

Since that day Akshar and Dakshika were able to get a glimpse of each other, but they never met again. While on the other hand Dakshika bonded well with Aarav and Neil.

Neil being an introvert liked her company very much, as with her he felt both comfortable and peaceful. He didn't have to talk when with her and that was also a mojor cause for his liking towards Dakshika.

Akshar sometimes purposely ignored it, whenever he had the chance to meet Dakshika. He didn't want his mental state to be disturbed because of a certain blue eyed girl.

It was evening and Dakshika was sitting in the haveli's garden with the three of them.

She preferred them visiting her place rather than her visiting the palace. She was not comfortable with that. So, most of the time they would meet in the haveli.

"Daksha, so what's your plan for tomorrow? You know we will be leaving day after tomorrow so we have just one last day before we go back to our busy lives." Nidhi inquired.

"Sorry, but I can't be there with you guys tomorrow, I have to visit my uncle's Kuldevi's temple. I was especially here to visit it. So maybe I'll be able to meet you tomorrow only when I return from there which will be by afternoon." Said Dakshika, her voice holding no emotions and her eyes staring the still water in the pond.

"What!? And you didn't find it important enough to tell me, atleast one day Dakshika, you can visit it day after tomorrow, please we are here just till tomorrow." Nidhi requested her in a pleading voice.

Dakshika sighed before answering, " Nidhi there are some things which we need to priortize whether we want or not. I have to go tomorrow itself it's important to be there tomorrow."

"But Dakshika, you-" Nidhi wasn't able to complete her sentence yet when she heard Neil's authorative tone,"Nidhi, stop behaving like a child, you can't force her to go according to you. And she agreed with whatever you asked her to do during these days. Right?"

"But bh-" Nidhi was about to say but Neil asked again, " Just tell me yes or no. Nothing else."

Nidhi lowered her head, " Yes bhai."
Neil continued, "Despite her nature, she quietly agreed to what you said, at least you can do this much for her. If she believes in something, don't go against it if you can't support it."

"I agree with bhai, bacha, you need to understand her." Aarav tried to convince her.

"Offo! Itni badi to baat bhi nhi thi jitna mujhe sunaya gaya hai." Nidhi whined.
(It wasn't even such a big matter, that I was scolded so much.)

Dakshika was silently looking at them. Her mind went back to the difference between her relation with her brothers. It wasn't anything like this, with Dhairya being an exception.

"Okay Dakshika, we'll meet you at tomorrow evening and make sure to wake up early day after tomorrow, to see us off." Nidhi said, faking a strict tone at the end.

Dakshika just nodded, while Nidhi received a smack on her forehead by Aarav. "It's you who needs constant human alarms to wake you up. She wakes early by herself. So you better get up early madam, or else we are gonna be late because of you, not her." He said.

"God what have I done that makes my brothers think that my head is a tabla, and not my head. Jab dekho tab bajate rehte hain." Nidhi murmured.
( They always keep smacking my head.)