Decisions (Chapter-2)

Author's Pov:
Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. She sighed and returned back to the original world. Walking to the door she opened it, and without looking she said, " How many times have I told you 'Dadu' you don't need to come here."

She looked forward and dragged the wheelchair, closing the door while returning."Yes, yes, I know I should call you to my room if I need something or just simply order someone to tell you that I need you. And yes, I need to take rest. Anything else Captain!? " He said in one go as if he knew those were the exact words which he will get to hear.

"And still you chose to come here all by yourself. Right? "He sighed,"I know bache, that you care for me, and that I should have called you to me room. But how do I get rid of the sense of imprisonment I get in that damn room." He said in a frustrated tone.

( This is Dhanraj Malhotra: A man in his late 70s carrying a strict and powerful aura, with white hairs, a light white beard and a spectacle on his eyes. He is Dakshika's 'Dadu' with whom she lives in New York. You will get to know their relationship further in the story.)

Dakshika chuckled hearing this, very well aware that these types of words were used by him when he's frustrated enough to lose his strict and highly mature demeanor.

"Ok. Ok, I won't say anything now. You can sit here for an hour and check those files over there. After that we will proceed downstairs to have dinner. Is that okay with you? " She said pointing towards her study desk and the putting her arms around his neck and bending a little, hugging him from behind.

"Yup, much better princess. Now you do your work and I'll do mine. " Dhanraj Malhotra said as he dragged his chair towards the desk. Dakshika shook her head and muttered, "Uff".

She moved towards her swivel chair and taking off her blazer she hanged it at the backrest. She pulled her laptop more towards her and started typing something.

Her fingers moving on their own, her blue eyes moving from one end of the screen to other. A few strands of her hairs which were tied in a loose messy bun were swinging on her cheeks, kissing them every now and then.

After an hour:-

"Princess, now close and wind up your work in 5 minutes, we need to go downstairs for dinner." Dhanraj Malhotra said as he glanced towards the vintage clock hanging on the wall in the study.

Dakshika glanced towards her dadu. She then diverted her gaze towards the screen and without saying a word closed the laptop clollecting the files around it and aligning them on a side she stood up from the chair.

Dakshika's Pov:

"Yeah, now let's take you downstairs and let you have a nice and healthy meal. Okay." I smiled. "Really, you call it nice, I agree it can be called healthy but nice!? Please atleast think before you speak." He whined like a child.

"Doesn't matter if it's nice or not. You have no other choice except eating it otherwise even if I don't say anything Radha ma won't like it." I shrugged nonchalantly. Taking him towards the elevator I pushed the second floor button.

A few minutes later we were in the Hall when a lady entered with bowls in her hands. Clad in a beautiful yet simple cotton saree, she looked no older than 30. A loose bun of the long black hairs and a watch in her left hand, which I gifted her on her 41st birthday.

(Radha Shastri: A lady in early 40s, with a maintained body. Was appointed as a caretaker for Dakshika when she was small, but later on became a mother figure to her. Loves Dakshika dearly and can do anything for her.)

Radha ma came forward and took the seat on my left."What is it princess that you told us that you want to talk of both of us."

After dinner the three of us were sitting in th living room with me sitting opposite to them."I wanted to tell you that I recieved a message from the 'Shekhawats' yesterday.