Dark side & Promise ( ch-10)

Author's Pov:

Wearing a face mask which covered the left half of her face, D.V. went towards the basement of the mansion with three guards behind her. When she stepped into the basement, she was met with the smell of blood.

The basement had black and dark brown walls. There wers guards standing at a distance of every 3 metres. The aura of the basement was chilly and dangerous.

There were many cells, a few of them containing badly injured men in them. As she moved forward, the guards bowed in front of her.

"Amar, where is he?" She said looking at the back of a muscular man. His hairs were long in the front tied in a pony. He slowly turned back.

And Oh my! was the man hot? Fucking yes.

His eyes were grey, his colour fair with a sharp jaw bone and long neck. Unlike the other men he was wearing a white shirt with black formal pants. His knuckles bruised and fingers bloody.

But there wasn't a single spot on his shirt. He bowed a little before saying, "This way, D.V." His voice deep. He moved forward and D.V. followed him. Moving a little further, D.V. could see a man tied in the middle.

His face bruised, his lips looked as if they were cut by a knife, his eyelids were cut, blood dripping from them. His light blue shirt stained with blood torn from many places, his wounds clearly visible through them.

His chest seemed to have a deep cut, the flesh clearly visibe, and a few cuts here and there, not major but painful.

The man was leaning against the chair, when Amar signalled someone through his fingers. A bucket of hot water, with salt in it, was immediately thrown on the man.

A loud and painful scream echoed in the basement, but no one was affected. As if it was very common for them. D.V went in front of him, when he was finally able to open his eyes.

"Did he tell anything?" She asked. "Nothing except the lie that he doesn't know anything and his boss's name." Amar replied.

"Tch, tch, don't you want an easy death, huh! " She said gripping the man's chin between her nails, digging them in his skin.

Her sleeves raised a little and the tattoo on her wrist could be seen clearly." I really didn't think that the head would be a female. Even if I have to die I won't tell you anything, cause even if I do, you would kill me, so just kill me now."

"Surely, but if you follow my commands, you'll have an easier death and if you don't you will die in the most haunting way, you would beg me to let you die." D.V said.

"Huh! You see, this man standing right beside you wasn't able to make me say something, tujhe lagta hai tu kar paayegi! " The man shouted at last, laughing like a maniac.
(Do you think you can!)

A harsh blow landed on his cheeks, making him fall along with the chair to the ground. Amar's hands were fisted his eyes red, while D.V looked very calm even after slapping him.

She squatted near him and fisted his hairs. "One of the most important rules followed here is, you talk to me with respect and keep your voice down. No one, absolutely no fucking one can shout at me." Her voice lowered," If they do, they die."

She stood up and pulled the chair kept in the corner. Dragging it in front of him she sat on it slightly bending forward.

The guards picked the chair of the man. His face now badly injured on one side and his head bleeding, covering a little part of his face.

"Now that you already violated one of the most important rules Mehta, you won't be receiving an easy death. Better open your mouth fast and you'll have to endure pain for a short period of time. Rest is your choice."
Saying so, she looked in the tool box beside her and picked a pair of pliers.

Without saying anything further she held one of his hands in her hand and moved her thumb over his fingers.

Mehta looked at her confusingly but soon screamed loudly when on of his nails was completely torn off. Blood dripping down his index finger.

He didn't even recover from that, when another sharp cry filled the basement and this time it was his middle finger as well as his thumb.

He was crying in pain, when she cut the index finger of both his hands.
"Thought you were in pain because of it, so I detached it, but look at you, seems like now I need to detach your whole arm" She said with an evil smirk on her face.

Her voice sent chills down everybody's spine except Amar, who had the same smirk on his face.

She held his arm and smashed it against the armrest. A clear sound was heard which indicated that his bone was completely broken.

She held his hand and pushed it towards him keeping it straight. He arched his back and attempted to free his hand from her hold. But it was all futile.

She left his hand and leaned back,"5 minutes, you have 5 minutes to spit whatever you know or else I know how to pleasure you."

"Nooo, no please, I-I I am ready to tell you everything. Please leave me." He begged, his voice a barely a whisper.

Amar came forward and held his chin," Bol saale, bol kahan hai tera baap. Tell me when is he planning to return? " His voice raising gradually.
(Speak bastard, speak where is your boss.)

" I-I don't k-know, I s-swear. I j-just know that.... that he will be coming to India in a few months and he has planned something big. An-and he will be coming wit-with all his man. I don't know anything much ot-other than these things. Now please, pl-please either kill me o-or leave me. Please, I beg you."

D.V stood up frustatingly,"Fuck it, as expected, the information was fucking right. I am damn sure he is of no use. Feed him to Veer and Sikara."
Saying so she left the basement. Amar following her outside.

"Amar, keep eyes on him and stop all the movements for some time. I have a feeling that he has got some hint.

Let him feel that he has got to know everything and keep spreading our claws silently. Rest you and Eleven decide about it." Saying so she moved into a room and Amar entered the opposite room.

Changing her clothes to a T-shirt and sweatpants, she made her way towards Mokshika's room.

Entering inside she saw Mokshika peacefully in her bed with her new toys here and there on the bed. A chocolate wrapper was lying just beside her.

D.V. sighed and starting putting the things in their place. Her green eyes roamed around the room and it looked all good now. She moved towards the bed and picked Mokshika laying her beside herself.

She looked towards Mokshika and her hands went into her hair. She was softly ruffling her hair while gazing at her before muttering, "Mumma loves you so much Angel. But I can't keep you with me for forever." Saying so she kissed her forehead.

Just then Mokshika opened her eyes and looked at D.V. Her eyes brimmed with tears. She quietly raised and sat beside D.V. She too made herself sit.

Mokshika took her hands in her own small fragile ones and looked at her saying, " I already know everything mumma. But isn't it possible in anyway, that you keep me with you for forever? Please"

Her tears slid down her cheeks and tears brimmed in D.V.'s eyes as well. She placed Mokshika in her lap and said softly, " Would you like if I break my promise Moksh?"

Mokshika shook her head negatively and said, " Never." Then you would like me to be honest and keep my promises, right?" D.V. asked again.

" Don't talk in circlee mumma." Mokshika said and D.V. smiled.

" You already know, I promised someone to hand you to them once they are back and then not interfere in your life until I feel that you are not happy or safe. So I can't keep you with me for forever, until I feel that you need me." D.V. said.

Mokshika didn't say anything further and hugged her tightly, hiding her face in D.V.'s neck. Her tears were falling continuously and D.V.was rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

" No matter what mumma, none can take your place in my life. I won't let them, I promise." Mokshika muttered and slipped into slumber.

D.V. laid down and placed Mokshika beside her and hugged her. Her mind relaxed and eventually she too slept. The mother daughter duo looked peaceful in each other's arms.