Realisations and Redemptions(ch-6)

Merry Christmas Readers.✨✨

Author's Pov:

"Papa I didn't do anything at school. Why aren't you listening to me! Please papa."cried a 13 year old Dakshika with hurt eyes.

" For God sake Dakshika, stop it. You are saying you didn't push Aashrita so, is she lying! That's what you want to say."shouted Kaamini holding Aashrita in her arms, whose ankles were sprained and knees were having a cut. Though it was nothing serious but what didn't settle well with the Shekhawats was that how can an adopted girl push their own daughter.

Dakshika moved towards Aashrita, she stood in front of her and said," Tell them Aashi, I didn't push you right, leave alone pushing I didn't even meet you at school."

Aashrita once looked around and saw everybody looking at them, then at Vikram, who wanted Aashrita to say no, to say that it was all a lie. She turned towards Dakshika and gave her a sudden slap. Everybody gasped in surprise, even Kaamini. Dakshika was quick to hold a raging Dhairya who was about to burst on Aashrita.

"Hurt or not, you don't have any right to raise your hand on her Aashi." Dhairya yelled at her. Aashrita looked at him with tears in her eyes and said, " See I told you, you love her more than me, Bua was right." Then she looked at Dakshika who stood their calmly her face again emotionless.

"Yes, you were the one who pushed me." Aashrita yelled. "See I told you."
Kaamini said her voice venomous. "Bhaisa, your dear daughter has now learnt to hurt her cousins also. Oh, I forgot, she is the one who is responsible for bhabhi-sa's condition. So she was already pro at it."

This was the only thing Kaamini needed to remind him. He marched towards Dakshika and was about to land a tight slap but Dhairya was quick enough to pull her back. He stood in front of her and said, "Stop it. Aap logon ka dimaag khraab ho gya hai. How can you not trust your daughter Kaka sa!!"
( You all have lost your mind.)

After that dhairya decided that Dakshika can't be happy here. So he said something, which shocked everyone," This is it. Dakshi would be leaving today and she will enter the palace premises only when required or in case of an emergency. You all would be stressed about the property in her name, but don't worry she will come back. And that's Dhairya Singh Shekhawat's promise."

That day Dakshika left the palace, and moved to NYC with the Malhotras. And that was the day, she actually ended her relations with them, after something happened which was now beyond her tolerance level. But before leaving she took a promise from Dhairya that what happened with her shouldn't happen with any other child of the family.

Dakshika's Pov:
Standing in front of my room's window I stared outside, towards the rising sun. Perks of having insomnia, you can easily wake up early in the morning.

I walked to the room next to mine. I was about to knock when I saw the door opening and Bhai coming out. He saw me and a smile occupied his face.

"So, my princess is here so early. If I am right than I think you are here to ask about the gym? Right? "
He asked. "Yes my dear prince. You know your princess too well to be wrong. Now let's go."I said, smiling slightly.

He held my hand and stopped me,"You have to face the others there too, though not so early but after about half an hour they'll be there. Are you comfortable with it?"

"I have to come in front of them some day, plus I am not scared of any of them. If anything, I think they will be the one to feel uncomfortable. I have never been wrong with them, so I have the courage to look in their eyes." I said without any emotions.

Author's Pov:
Dakshika was doing pushups wearing a tank top and regular gym lowers and Dhairya was doing pull-ups in his sweatpants.

It was almost one hour and Dakshika was almost done. The door opened very quietly and before anyone could say anything Vivaan shushed everyone and pointed towards the girl in front of them doing pushups.

They were curious to know who it is. A guest? Probably no. She isn't one of their sisters and that's confirm.

Dakshika noticed someone's presence but didn't actually bothered. While the boys stood there gawking at her. She looked a perfect combination of fragile yet fierce. Dhairya came to his treadmill when he saw the boys observing her. He simply diverted his eyes and focused them on her, counting.

He noticed that when one-fifty were completed, she stopped and stoop up dusting her hands. And then she grabbed her jacket wore it and turned. Now it was their turn to be shocked. Colours drained from Rudra and Agastya's face.

They instantly recognized who the person is. The rest two were not aware of her identity. They looked at their elder brothers and the look on their faces showed that something is off.

Vivaan covered Vihaan's mouth when he said, "Fuck she's so beautiful." Rudra glanced towards him once then again diverted his attention towards Dakshika.

"Princess, I think you are done now. Shall we leave?" Dhairya asked and now Vivaan and Vihaan realized who it was. Because Dhairya Singh Shekhawat has only one princess and now she is standing right in front of them.

Rudra's Pov:
I was shocked to see my little sister standing in front of me, all grown up. Grown up into a beautiful girl. I remember that I was never the brother she might have expected.

But, I was manipulated and I know she will forgive me or probably she already forgave me.

After all when she can ask Dhairya bhai a promise to protect us when she was just 16,then why will she not forgive me when she is so mature and probably knows that we were all manipulated.

But then Dhairya bhai wasn't too big from you, but still he believed her but you didn't.

I shut my mind's voice and was about to step towards her when she replied to bhai, " Yes of course, I want to take a bath and have to prepare to meet the 'Shekhawats'. Let's go." She moved from my side not even sparing me a glance.

I watched as she moved out of the gym towards the room beside Dhairya bhai's. 'Shekhawats' word sounded so foreign coming from her.

Didn't she recognize me? That's impossible. Then is she angry with me? She hates you after what you all did. Shut up, she can't.

Maybe she didn't want to talk to me right now. Maybe she will talk to us when we will meet at breakfast. Yes, I am sure she will.

My mind was busy with these thoughts and I could see the other boys were disturbed too. I went to the chair and plopped down on it. They came and took the seats beside me and Agastya said, "Dakshika is back bhai. But I think its too late. We are late bhai and something tells me that she is not the same anymore. She has better people in her life."

My anger raised at his words and I threw the glass bottle kept on the table beside me. It shattered into pieces.

I glared at him and then diverted my eyes. Staring at nothing specific I said, " Good or bad, luckily or unluckily, one thing is sure that I am her brother and I am a part of her family. I don't care if she hates them but she can't hate me, I won't let her."

With this I moved towards my room, followed my daily routine and dressed for the office. All this while my thoughts running around my sister.

I moved downstairs to the dining hall, and sat on my designated place. We all were here and just when dada sa was about to say something, Ruhaanika looked towards the stairs and whispered, "Wow! ".

When I looked towards the stairs, I felt proud.