Guilts (Ch-19)

Author's Pov:

" That the priest was payed a huge amount just to tell this to our family, by none other than my mother." Darika said gritting her teeth.

Hearing this Dhairya held his head while Agastya looked at him and tensed.

Agastya has seen his brother regretting what he did to her, and over that if he comes to know there is more to it, he won't be able to tolerate it. But then again he can't do anything to help him.

The silence in the room was broken when Aashrita' heavy voice was heard, it was as if she was controlling her tears, " That means it isn't just what we did to her, there is more to it."

Darika side hugged her, but her rage didn't calm, she said, " Yes, it's much more than what you can imagine or what you know. "

" Yes, after all this, Dadi started staying a little aloof from her, but then it was the next day to her birthday, when Nandini Kaki sa fell from the stairs when only Dakshika and Kaamini Bua sa were there." Dhairya said.

Daarika continued, " And then Dakshika was accused of pushing Nandina Mami. Everybody was shocked, but then that woman added fuel to fire saying that the priest was right, Dakshika is a bad omen and what not! "

" But it was Dakshika only who pushed Mom right? " Agastya asked hoping that what he is assuming doesn't prove right.

Hearing this both Daarika and Dhairya were silent. Seeing this Rudra and Aashrita's looked at each other. While Agastya sat on the floor and covered his face. Vivaan rushed to him and held him by his shoulder.

Taking a deep breath, Aashrita said, "Dakshika wasn't the one who pushed her. She was at a hand's distance from her when Mami fall. It was Mrs. Rajput who falsely accused Dakshika when she saw that Mami slipped into com-"

Her sentence was cut off when Dhairya yelled," Daarika, why did you say that! They weren't supposed to know that. " A sob escaped Vihaan's lips and he rushed to Ruhanika seeing her sobbing.

He hugged her close to his heart. While Aashrita buried her face in Daarika's neck as she cried her heart out. Vivaan was holding Agastya and Rudra covered his face. His eyes watered, but he controlled his tears.

" And till when we're you going to hide this!? They still think that, Mrs, Rajput is just under bad influence, they don't know" She gritted her teeth, "she is the most vile woman anyone will ever see." Daarika yelled.

" And what do you think, they forgave Dakshika? No, they can't unless they know that she wasn't responsible for anything she is accused of.

Also, please stop thinking that their opinions don't matter to her. She cares for them Bhai, we both know, she does." Daarika pleaded .

Dhairya turned around and moved towards the door, " It's enough for today. The rest of the things will be discussed later, and all this should not go out of this room. If it does, even I don't know what is Dakshika going to do."saying this he banged the door and left.

" Is there more to it? " Ruhanika asked in a low voice.

" Much more, I don't know what to do now! " Rudra said, his voice heavy with emotions.

" Perhaps we are destined to suffer in guilt for what we have done. " Daarika said.

While Daarika referred to a span of few months or a year, destiny had some other plans.

At the temple;

The priest audibly gulped before saying, "Didn't your elders give you manners. Is this the way to talk to someone so elder and respected." His voice raising by the end of the sentence.