5-Silva and Orientation

(I saw that Sky could be spelt both as Sky and Skye so I chose the second spelling.)

~~~James POV~~~

I was starting to feel awkward with the two, so I just left and decided to watch the small fishes in the lake because they would look so delicious if they were fried.

"So,"

Hearing the deep commanding voice of my Proffessor/Teacher/Trainer/Bestie, I turned to see a semi-circle of other first years around him.

"After your classes, you are all mine." Silva motioned to all of the students with his cane.

I walked over to stand behind him, staying silent to listen in on whatever was happening.

The students noticed me but didn't say anything, some of them laughing when I made peace signs on his head to look like a bunny.

"What are you-?" Silva turned and found me. "Go there." He pointed at the line of students.

I stepped into the line with a small laugh before he continued his speech.

"And maybe even you," Silva pointed his staff at the last student in line before pointing it at Skye. "Can fight like him."

The demonstration ended up with Skye pulling out his dagger, but Silva had the metal in an 'x' formation.

Skye held sheathed his dagger with a small joke. "He fights even better with a bit of advance warning."

"He did all right. Favored his left, but what else is new?" Silva pointed out and also asked the man in question.

Skye laughed a bit before walking off.

Silva turned to the rest of the students. "Skye's father was Andreas of Eraklyon." He announced. "That made him a legacy admission, but he still showed up in the first day and did the work." He turned to Skye with his hand outstretched. "Well done."

Skye and Silva shook hands with a small nod of their head before Skye walked off.

"I expect nothing less from the rest of you- even you, James -" Silva motioned the cane to the students. "Wether you're third generation and your parents demanded you come or if I personally selected you from your realms for service."

"That decision was made based on your natural talents in combat and weaponry, and I expect to see that skill in evidence daily. This place will seem like hell until actual hell comes."

One of the students bowed his head, lips in a tight smile.

"We are the first line of defense. A certainty when the future is uncertain."

The student snickered like he was getting a joke.

I was stood beside him, but resolved to give him a side eye instead of cursing him out.

I'll leave that to Silva.

"Is that funny?" Silva pointed the metal at the boy.

"It's just you're talking about preparing for the future in a castle with kids using swords." The boy summarized the speech, gaining a few snickers from HIMSELF.

"Must be nice to live in a world where you can be so soft," Silva walked closer to the kid. "Where you fear so little, disrespect seems an option."

I nodded my head to his conclusion, knowing very well that I wasn't from the Otherworld.

"Do you know why the barrier exists?" Silva questioned the boy.

"To protect the school from Burned Ones." The student answered.