🔞23-The Burned Ones

I'M BACK GUYS👀 Forgot about this for a hot minute but here you guys go😅

-------------------

The small group made their way through the open field, James' eyes glowing red.

"Come on. We have to make sure the Burned Ones are following James and I." Bloom led the group through the path.

"What a brilliant plan." James commended Bloom.

"Thanks." Bloom smiled a bit.

Stella and Aisha were a bit behind the two, so Bloom took the chance to speak.

"So, you and Skye." Bloom looked everywhere except James. "Though, it's you and Raven now."

"Just mind your business, Bloom." James hissed. "I get that you and Skye are close. Just keep it to yourselves."

Bloom only nodded, knowing that he was just a bit pissed off and gave him time to steam.

They ran across the field, Stella fretting that an army would be there soon.

"They won't be here in time, Stella. The Burned Ones have always been after us." Bloom motioned to James also.

Stella glanced over her shoulder at the guttural growl coming from the tree line.

"Rosalind taught me how to defeat them, but I have to draw more magic than ever before, and...." Bloom trailed off, getting nervous. "I don't know what's gonna happen when I do."

"You can do it, Bloom." James sighed through his nose, knowing that if Bloom wasn't ready for this, he's next in line.

And he was feeling a bit lazy.

"I'll make sure we're safe and that you are, too." Aisha offered. "I can surround you in water in case the flames get too big."

"And I can telepirt you to an endless void." James mumbled, but they heard. "What? She can't burn anything there." He defended himself after seeing their looks.

"You won't see us, but we'll be right here." Stella reassured her.

Everyone turned to hear a Burned One screeching. Many started running through the trees.

Stella and Aisha held Bloom's hands while James only stood at their backs.

"Rosalind wants me to believe that she's the person I need to get through this." Bloom started. "She's not."

More Burned Ones screeched and growled.

"Disgusting." James cringed at the sound.

Bloom let go of their hands and moved more out into the opening, James following behind.

Aisha and Stella rushed to the side to make them do their magic.

James sat on the floor with his feet crossed like a monk's while Bloom stood with her palms facing forwards.

The water rushed as Aisha brought it up into a barrier around Bloom.

A red aura surrounded James, making a barrier from thin air.

Bloom's eyes opened, showing the bright hue of orange, and she began to float, flames covering her.

James was seen floating as well but was in the same position as he was when seated. His eyes were open to show the scarlet color taking over his original brown color.

The fire had flown around Bloom and formed fire fairy wings.

Two red orbs floated by James, showing a red headpiece and a red necklace, both of which were transfered onto his body.