14-Brownies

James chomped down on the brownies, already eating five.

"Calm down on the brownies, man." Dane tried to grab the bag from him.

"No. They're just...." James tried to find the right words to say.

They walked up to the table where both boys were with the fire and water fairies.

James saw the fairy using her ability to make the beer hot for Skye to drink and watched in amusement as he did.

It was now Riven's turn, and James saw Bloom and Aisha whispering to themselves.

[Bloom] "Use your magic to bounce it out."

Aisha used her ability to make the beer start bubbling as Riven threw the ball before she bounced it out. At the same time, the beer on the boys' side exploded on Riven.

Riven looked down at himself before looking uo at the water fairy. "The f#ck?"

Some people from the party started sniggering at the sight.

"Sorry, honestly. Sorry, I'm gonna get some paper towels." Aisha tried to do a good deed.

The giggles started getting louder as Riven stood frozen.

"What?" Riven looked at the crowd.

Bloom giggles before making her way to the side of the table, meeting Skye there.

James looked at the bag of brownies before looking at Dane, both getting the same idea.

"You get Skye, I get Riven." Dane suggested, gaining a nod from the taller.

"Go." James nudged him along.

"No, you first." Dane nudged him before him.

James groaned and walked over to stand beside Skye.

"Although....reminds me of Ricki." Riven leaned back on the table.

Skye looked at him blankly.

Bloom giggled a bit, confused. "Who's Ricki?"

"Riv, don't." Skye shook his head.

"You live with Stella and don't remember what happened to her last roommate?" Riven scoffed.

James opened his ears wide, ready for the tea, even if he knew already.

"I don't." Bloom looked up at Skye. "But I certainly would live to."

"See, Ricki was Stella's best mate till she flirted a little bit too much with Skye here." Riven pointed at said boy.

"Riv, I would never -" Skye fought off the accusation.

"Oh, of course not." Riven smirked. "But that didn't matter to Stella, and she showed everyone what a legit psycho she was."

Bloom looked up at Skye, getting a bit nervous. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Riven looked down a bit. "Stella used her magic to blind her." He looked at Bloom. "On purpose." He looked up at Skye. "She blinded her best mate."

James touched his face in realization. "Is she gonna blind me too?"

"But that....that can't be true..." Bloom tried not to believe it, but the look on Skye's face....

"Yeah." Skye nodded. "That's the story." He scowled at Riven.

Riven got up, grabbing the small bag from James as he walked.

"No." James walked after him to get the bag back.

It looks like Skye is off the high list.

~~Somewhere~~

"No, keep looking. Anything better than a beer soaked shirt." Riven now walked around bare chest.

"Hey, what you thinking?" Dane held up a chest plate. "Plate?"

"The stars aligned tonight." James looked up at the moon through the window.

Riven looked at the boy before walking to a table. "Nah, something cool." He held up a helmet from the table. "Hello, mate."

"Never cover the face." Beatrix walked into the room. "It's one of your few good qualities."

"She's not wrong." Dane spoke up, walking closer to the table.

"Have you looking like prince charming." James still kept his gaze on the moon, limbs feeling like jello.

"What happened to him?" Beatrix looked at James.

"Weed Brownies." Riven briefly explained.

Beatrix looked as Dane took a huff from the cancer stick. "Shotgun?"

"Look...Hopeless." Riven walked to Dane's left, Beatrix on Dane's right. "Ok. Ready?"

James leaned up from his laid position, looking at the three.

Beatrix and Dane stood facing each other, Riven behind them, supervising the boy.

"Inhale."

Dane inhaled the smoke on Riven's command, the half-naked man wrapping his hand around his shoulder to bring the boy closer to Beatrix.

"Now," Beatrix leaned closer to Dane. "Exhale."

Beatrix parted her lips slightly to inhale the streak of smoke coming from Dane's own parted lips.

All three smiled as Beatrix pulled away.

Beatrix accepted the lit weed from Dane.

"My turn." Riven leaned forward from his position.

Both were much closer than Dane and Beatrix, which made James frown a bit before looking at the line of smoke traveling from one to the other.

It was a nice sight to see, but James kept looking at the moon.

"Don't wanna try, James?" Riven looked over at the dazed boy.

"No." James shook his head slowly, eyes trained on the moon.

Beatrix looked down. "I'm going to wash a hundred years' dust off my hands." She walked off.

Riven dropped his arm from Dane's shoulder, rubbing his nose a bit.

"I don't know how you can smoke so much after Terra's brownies?" Dane walked off to a corner.

"Ah, man, she puts as much weed in hers as Dowling would. F#cking Terra." Riven cursed the girl's name in annoyance.

"Then what's with him?" Dane pointed at James.

"It's his first time." Riven took a puff of weed. "And from what I heard, there were thirty brownies in the bag, and he ate twenty."

"Well, don't be an arsehole. She made them for everybody." Dane looked up at Riven.