𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

START OF A COLD CASE

THE EUBANKS FAMILY HOME practically sat directly on top of the border between Forks and the Quileute reservation. In a yellow bungalow situated on a piece of lonesome land surrounded by the dense forest, any onlooker passing through would see a father, a mother, and a daughter.

Laurence Eubanks had called the reservation his home ever since he was a child, refusing to part ways with all he'd ever known. He had grown up alongside the people of La Push, as did his ancestors for numerous generations, and it was his biggest dream to raise his future family there.

Emma Sommers was busy-body fresh out of nursing school in Seattle when she had met him. She met Laurence that fateful day in Port Angeles when she stopped by an older bookstore that he was helping to refurbish. They said it was love at first sight as he greeted her from atop a shaky ladder, but even love couldn't stop the woman from pursuing her career.

She would only later become Emma Eubanks after taking up an available nursing position in Forks, and after Laurence had come up with a compromise; a house on the very edge of the reservation, still on Quileute land nonetheless, but just ten steps away from the Forks county line.

Talullah Eubanks was born in that very house, raised by two people who despite their differences had made it all seem oh-so effortless. Living in the cusp of two different worlds had always meant that the young girl had choices; whether it be joining the girls little league softball in Forks or co-ed soccer down in La Push, she found herself immersed in the best of both worlds. 

A father, a mother, and a daughter.

.˚✧˚₊

Although being ingrained in both the different societies of La Push and Forks, the Eubanks home, which was very much still on the reservation despite its closeness to the border, was the deciding factor on where Talullah went to school; but she wouldn't have it any other way.

The brunette was a natural social butterfly who liked to be kept busy, a trait that everyone claimed she got from her mother. She volunteered wherever she could, tutored her fellow peers and those few friends of hers who attended the high school in Forks, and kept a job at a local surf shop down by the beach. She often wished she could be at two places at once just to keep doing what she loved, but her time spent within the walls of the quaint La Push High School were definitely her most favourite.

Much like her father's stories of his own youth, which included the multitude of friends he curated over the years living on the reservation, Talullah had to admit that the sentiment "everybody knows everybody" was well and just. This very reason is what helped fuel her own friendships with two of her very best friends.

The Eubanks girl, Dawson Graves, and Sam Uley had been best friends before they learnt how to talk — it had both been written in the stars and mutually decided upon by their three mothers. Their trio began with Sam's birth and concluded with Talullah's, with Dawson appearing somewhere in between, and the rest had led them to where they were that night.

The music at the party had been radiating loudly from a nearby boombox, teenagers from the high school were sprawled across the tame grass within Dawson's backyard. This party signified the end of summer, and with only five more days until the school year began, it was a blessing to all in attendance that Dawson had an older brother who was more than willing to provide the drinks.