𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

CONFESSIONALS

TALULLAH HAD NEVER ATTENDED A FUNERAL BEFORE, at least not that she remembered.

And as she stood observing the small ceremony for her mother from the treeline, she still technically hadn't attended one yet. She watched with diligent eyes as they lowered Emma Eubanks into the ground, the few people in attendance saying some final words before it all came to a close.

Her mother's evident suffering was over, and rather than be sad about the fact, Talullah felt relief wash over her. She didn't think she could ever stomach the idea of revelling the truth behind her reappearance to Emma, so in more ways than one, it was better off that she was gone. At least she'd be at peace.

Talullah's eyes also watched Sam, tracking his movements as he clapped a hand onto her father's shoulder. The little girl at their feet was looking around confusedly, as if she was unaware of the fact that her mother was gone. Sam was sure to ruffle Annie's wild head of hair which pulled a gleeful smile from the girl, before they said there goodbyes.

She and Sam hadn't spoken much these past two days, Talullah making herself scarce around the home while funeral preparations were being made and wills were being read. Her father had momentarily taken up Sam's house as a base to do said tasks, and Talullah just so happened to always be out of the house before he even got to the foot of the driveway.

Now, he was approaching the treeline where she was pressed against a tree, pulling at the collar of his suit uncomfortably. He knew she was there, despite her insistence that she wouldn't be in attendance, because her scent was always easy for him to find.

"Walk with me?" he asked, holding out his hand for her to take.

Her hand easily slipped into his, and he started pulling them in the direction of the house. It'd be a bit of a walk, considering they were both travelling at a humanely speed, but Talullah could never complain.

It was a comfortable silence that settled over them, until the events of the past few days really caught up to her. "Can I be honest with you?"

"Always," was his reply, though his eyebrows were furrowed together in confusion.

"I did end up seeing her," the vampire revealed, her eyes narrowing on the path before them instead of looking at the man beside her. "I didn't listen to you, and I'm sorry— but I'm not sorry for going."

Sam took a breath, obviously not expecting that. A part of him couldn't blame her; if he was in her shoes and his mother was on the cusp of dying, nothing would've stopped him from doing so. "That's okay."

Talullah's quizzical eyes turned to him. "Are you upset?" her voice barely wobbled, but the faint waver that could be heard was indicative of the fact that she didn't want to disappoint him.

He simply squeezed her hand in his. "I'm only upset you didn't tell me," he confessed, "and I might've said it wouldn't be a good idea, but I wouldn't have stopped you even if you decided you wanted to. You know that, right?"

And, now, she did. "Yeah Sammy, I know."

.˚✧˚₊

Getting home, Talullah was surprised that the house was completely empty.

It was around the time that members of the pack would shuffle through between patrols, and usually Embry would be by as soon as school was out— but nothing, just a lingering smell of wet dog which told her that there indeed had been shifters present at some point.