𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

BATTLE LINES N UNO RULES

"BELLA'S PREGNANT."

Sam Uley stood up at an incredibly fast rate, chair loudly knocking over as he looked at his imprint's lingering figure in the doorway. Dawson Graves, who had come over for a late lunch after his shift, immediately started choking on his food, fork clanking against the plate that it was dropped on.

A hand over his mouth, Dawson posed a question through his coughing fit. "Sorry, is she not married to a vampire? Or do you know a different Bella whose dad isn't my boss?"

Talullah growled in annoyance, venturing forward into the house. "There is no different Bella, dude," she scolded him, nervously looking at Sam's confused face. "She got pregnant on her honeymoon."

She'd sprinted back to the reservation in record time, mind a jumble of thoughts as she contemplated the severity of the situation. There were so many unknown variables involved, and it wasn't as thought Talullah could reach out to Aro and ask for guidance— she'd be signing her own death certificate, again, if she did.

Sam met her halfway, hands grabbing onto her shoulders lightly. "What do you know?"

"That's the thing, no one knows anything," she said, shaking her head. "I've never heard of something like this happening. It has unprecedented growth, it's—"

"Dangerous." Talullah's gaze flickered to Dawson's figure that was now standing by his abandoned plate of food. "I mean, we don't know what's growing inside the chick... could be the destroyer of worlds for all we know."

Talullah's eyes narrowed at the dirty blond for a beat. "So not helping," she muttered before her gaze dropped to the floor, coming to terms with what Dawson was implying. Despite his horrible comedic timing, he was right; the thing growing inside of Bella Swan could have the potential for destruction. "I can only see this ending badly, Sam. I mean, she looked like she's decaying."

Since coming to live with Sam she'd started picking up on his mannerisms, like the face he was giving her now; bushy eyebrows furrowed while his eyes flickered back and forth between her own, which signalled he was on the cusp of making a decision in his mind.

He blinked out of his thoughts and pulled her into a sudden, albeit not unwanted, embrace. "Stay here with Dawson, I'll be back when I can," he told her, not diverging into too much detail before she found herself watching as Sam jogged out the door. The last glimpse she saw of him was a flash of him phasing, a black wolf taking his place as it dashed into the forest.

"He better not do anything stupid," she mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared out the doorway he left out of. The last thing she wanted was for Sam to get hurt over the destroyer of worlds spawn within the human girl.

Dawson came up next to her, a playful smirk on his face as he nudged her shoulder with his. "It's Sam," he started, "even his good choices usually come back to bite him in the ass. He'll manage."

.˚✧˚₊

Spending the rest of the day with Dawson Graves was fine, in theory.

Based on what memory she retained of the man, he was a happy go-lucky sort of guy who was usually a bit too quick with his joking comebacks. She also had to keep reminding herself that he wasn't a shifter like the others, was certainly no vampire, and was simply a human who knew a little too much.