𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

DOMESTICITY

WHILE EDWARD CULLEN AND BELLA SWAN were on their honeymoon, Talullah and her own mate were settling into a routine.

During the first morning of their new living arrangement, the brunette had merely listened to the snores that were emitting from Sam's room across the hall with vice attention. She hadn't done anything other than listen to his beating heart and steady breaths for a whopping eight hours until she heard him wake.

When he came to check on her, eyes still tired from sleep and only wearing a pair of plaid pyjama pants, she pretended to be engrossed in a random book she found in the guest bedroom where she was staying. Despite the unnecessaryness of it all, and given the fact that she hadn't had a use for a bed since she was turned, Sam outright insisted that she have a place to herself if she needed— it was a space that she could call her own.

Of course, he didn't mention that the book she was 'reading' was clearly upside down, only inviting her to join him downstairs to eat despite the fact that she would not be partaking in the 'eating' part.

Their morning routine was like that, just the two of them co-existing in their own little world for the few hours before Sam had to complete and assign any pack duties for the day. They'd also started a habit of completing the daily crossword that appeared in the newspaper, Talullah always leaning into Sam to scribble the answers in black ink for them.

Even after all this time she was still as smart as a whip, that human trait in her seemingly never disappeared. Sam would try and help, but he was never Cornell material to begin with so he settled on just observing her as she solved them in record time. Ever since that day in her bedroom, she hadn't initiated much contact with him, so he blissfully enjoyed the moments when she'd crowd his space.

Sam Uley especially loved the mornings he spent with Talullah because they were just that: mornings between them, with no one to disturb them.

.˚✧˚₊

The afternoons were unlike the calm mornings, in that the members of the pack would filter in and out of the home whenever they pleased rather hectically.

Some of them kept to themselves, Paul and Leah to be exact, but most of them tried to be as welcoming as they could be. Jared had all but forgotten about their one-sided spat in the forest, and he'd refused every apology she hurled his way because, truthfully, he acted the same when he first imprinted on his girlfriend Kim.

Jacob Black, one of the boys she met outside of the Cullens graduation party, was pretty indifferent since he had his own shit to deal with. Embry had informed her of the gossip; apparently, he always had a massive crush on Bella Swan and was still reeling from the fact that she was now officially married to the mind-reading Cullen.

Seth usually followed his sister around, eager to please both her and Sam as he started training alongside the others more and more. Quil Ateara, another boy she had met at the graduation party, usually played it safe and stuck with Embry. And as for the Call boy himself? He preferred to be anywhere that Talullah was.

Within the first week, Talullah had noticed that Embry tended to extend his visits more than the others did, always striking up conversation with her about a plethora of things; sometimes, he asked her if she remembered how to bake, and other times would just complain about the training regimes that Sam regularly made them partake in.

"Can't you tell him to take it easy on us, Tal?"

"Do not drag me into this, Embry."

During one of said conversations, Talullah had to blink away a memory that briefly fizzled into her mind. It was of herself and a younger looking Embry, longer hair and shorter stature standing alongside her as they bustled away in her kitchen. Her hands itched to write down a recipe that she had a feeling she knew off by heart, but pushed that thought on the back burner in favour of listening to him complain about Sam.