𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

MEMORY OF YOU

FEAR.

It encompassed her entire being as the creature snarled relentlessly, furry jaw snapping forward mere inches away from her head. Talullah considered taking the cowards way out; snapping back into her real body and leaving this one to disparate as if it never existed in the first place.

But Jane would surely notice her quick return, Edward would surely read her frightened thoughts — she'd be punished in Volterra for acting so juvenile, so human.

So, she steeled herself and swallowed her fear, using her strength to push the beast off of her. Her strength was still paralleled to that of a newborn, considering how young of a vampire she still was, meaning her push had sent the creature into a nearby tree.

Talullah couldn't hear anyone else nearby and she quickly surveyed the scene while it was knocked away. She was not anywhere near the clearing, and her jaw dropped open as she realized that for the first time, a clone hadn't listened to her command.

What on earth was happening here?

The beast's growl sent her gaze right back to before her, it stood on all fours with its lips curled back into an even louder snarl. Getting a full look at the creature that was quite larger than her, she took a small step back as she realized what it was.

Caius had shown her images in an old book once of creatures that looked just like this one. Shifters, he called them distastefully, deviant things that have no place among us. It was a wolf shifter, her supposed natural born enemy, stood before her. The stupid smell she'd picked up on was radiating from it, which meant that the three boys who'd she had seen outside of the Cullen house were also shifters.

Another snarl sounded from her left as she whipped towards it. Another shifter, this one a darker grey, stood just metres away from her. But rather than looking at her, the wolf's gaze was narrowed at the silver one. She knew she could've taken on the one that attacked her cloned body, but two? Even though she couldn't get hurt, couldn't die, Talullah knew that being surrounded eliminated her chances of winning this fight. It was pointless, really, and the only thing left to do was to switch back into her body that she left in the clearing. She would gladly face punishment if it meant she didn't have to face these creatures.

But then she felt the strangest thing — a pull at her chest as a twig snapped behind her. The snarling from the two wolves ceased, quiet rumblings sounded as she turned around. Gazing beneath her hood at the new intruder, she saw a man standing there.

He was taller than the boys she'd seen just a few days ago and forewent wearing a shirt, that much was obvious. The tattoo near his shoulder was bold, almost ominous to her before her eyes travelled to meet his. Deep brown staring into hazy crimson.

An image flickered in her mind, then. It was the man before her, only younger without apparent stress lines on his forehead and with slightly longer hair. He was laughing, and Talullah thought it was a beautiful sight, yet very opposite from the stern looking man in front of her. Despite that, there was a softness in his eyes that she couldn't identify the cause of.

A name was at the tip of her tongue, mouth opening and closing as she tried to sound it out without making too much noise. The beginning of the letter S started forming on her tongue, "Sss—"

He beat her to it.

"Sam."

.˚✧˚₊