𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

AN IMMORTAL CHILD

THE NEXT DAY, any semblance of peace that Talullah had was shattered by a phone call from Carlisle Cullen.

"There's been a situation. How soon can you both get here?"

It was the middle of the day, Sam and Talullah had been lounging in the living room (aka Sam was watching a football game while Talullah's head was in his lap, trying to follow along as best she could for an amnesiac) when they got the call on Sam's phone.

They were at the Cullen residence within the hour, arriving hand in hand as Alice answered the door. It was like deja vu, only this time her welcoming smile had dimmed significantly. Something was indeed wrong.

The pair were led to the living room, where the entirety of the Olympic coven was in addition to Jacob Black and a small child. Talullah's eyes zeroed in on the child among the vampires and she immediately thought of the worst case scenario. "You've made an immortal child?" she seethed, grabbing Sam's bicep to shove his larger body behind hers as she surveyed the child's abnormal scent. "Are you insane! Was your baby not enough?!"

Sam was on alert now, eyes wavering over to the child that he thought looked a lot like the Swan girl. "Lu, I think that is the baby."

Talullah scoffed, shaking her head. "Impossible." Bella Swan's baby should've been just over a month old by now, the child before them looked to be about five years old.

"He's right, Talullah," Carlisle piped up, instantly garnering her attention. She pressed her back against Sam's chest, still on alert as he spoke. "Renesmee is Bella and Edward's child; her growth is simply unprecedented."

Sure, if Talullah listened hard enough, she could hear the child's strange heartbeat. But nonetheless, a child living amongst vampires? "But you do know how this looks, yes?" she questioned, eyes raking over the members of the coven. "If the Volturi ever—"

"They already know," Bella cut in, and suddenly Talullah was very aware of the crimson shade of her eyes. "That's why we called you; they know."

There was silence for a beat, the brunette practically latching onto the arm that Sam wrapped around her waist. It stabilized her enough for her to ask an important follow up question "What do they know?"

Carlisle gave a brief explanation of what was seen in Alice's vision: one of their cousins, Irina Denali, had seen Renesmee catch snowflakes in the air as though she was indeed an immortal child, and ran to Volterra where Aro read her thoughts. The Volturi were under the impression, just as Talullah was, that the Cullens committed a grave crime— one that Irina's mother had been condemned for.

But, if fate would have it, that wasn't all.

"She saw you leaving the hospital with Carlisle on her way out of the state," it was Alice who piped up next, leaning on the empath of the group as her gaze became downturned. "So when Aro saw all of her thoughts—"

Talullah's entire body was engulfed in a searing cold. The rest of the coven knew of the implications, knew what this had meant, and so did she.

"He's found me."

.˚✧˚₊

The following moments consisted of Talullah and Sam being informed of their plan: gather as many witnesses as possible to prove that the Cullens have done no harm.