𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

AN UNEXPECTED GUEST

TALULLAH DIDN'T THINK SHE WOULD EVER BE AS DEVOTED TO ANYONE like she was devoted to Sam Uley.

It was a thought that came to her when she and Dawson had played their twelfth round of Uno, passing feebly until that same thought resurfaced the moment he returned from the meeting with the pack, a deep frown on his face when he pulled her into his arms.

She wrapped her colder ones around him, not realizing that Dawson was quickly making his way out the door in an attempt not to interrupt the obvious moment they were having. Pulling away slightly, she tried to swipe her thumb gently over his brow, trying to ease some of the frustration that she knew he was feeling.

Devotion was a scary thing, because Talullah instantly thought of hurting whoever was causing Sam to be under this much stress. He pulled her closer once more, resting his chin on top of her head as he rocked them back and forth to the gentle rhythm of the radio playing from somewhere upstairs.

"Did you come to a decision?" she asked, head resting above his heartbeat that thumped steadily.

He only hummed, choosing to continue their embrace for as long as possible. "Let's talk about it in the morning."

Though, when morning arrived, Talullah hadn't figured that Sam's grand decision involved killing Bella Swan before the... whatever it was inside of her... could be born.

The baffled look on her face made Sam throw his hands in the air defensively. "Okay, just hear me out, though—"

"You're suggesting we kill an innocent girl," she deadpanned, hands on her hips as though she was scolding a child. "A girl who, mind you, is being watched by the Volturi kings. She can't transition if she's dead dead."

Sam scoffed. "Not really my main concern," he responded simply, diplomatic as ever. "We need to eliminate the threat, and that means getting rid of Bella if she's still hellbent on keeping the damn thing."

Looking into his gaze, she knew a part of him was right despite the shitty way he was going about eliminating the threat growing inside the girl. Sam had a duty to protect the land, so really, he was doing what he thought would ensure everyone's safety.

Devotion was also a funny thing, because although Talullah owed Bella for her actions in Volterra, she would never stray from Sam.

She was just glad he hadn't outright asked her to kill the girl, because although she was not that kind of killer anymore, she feared she would have if he tacked on a please lulu to really seal the deal.

.˚✧˚₊

The next couple of days went with utter chaos.

The treaty in place was void in Sam's eyes, hence why the shifters were taking part in a literal stakeout outside of the Cullen residence. They moved in rotations, always lurking in the surrounding brush as they waited for the right moment.

Selfishly, Talullah noticed that she didn't see Sam all that much. The leader was always out in the woods and only came back to the house to eat if Jared was out there in his place.