𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

A WALK IN THE PARK

SAM AND TALULLAH'S ROUTINE WAS LIKE CLOCKWORK. The vampire would spend every three days in Volterra, remaining as inconspicuous as possible to her coven before inevitable returning to Washington for a few hours to convene with the shifter.

It'd been a few weeks since the pair started this repetitive cycle, Sam always meeting Talullah in the early hours of the evening in the same place they'd 'met' after the newborn army was taken care of. With her body remaining in Volterra, her coven were none the wiser of the activities she had recently taken up.

Sam once mustered up the courage to ask her why she had no scent, why her eyes were always glossed over in a dim haze. The only response he got out of her was a small smirk, and the words "that's a secret, Sammy," leaving her lips. Somehow, he felt he was satisfied by that — by her newfound comfortability in addressing him by a nickname.

In their time together, Talullah gained brief glimpses into what her human life was like. The man had taken her to important monuments around what he called the reservation, like the school they'd attended which gave her insight into how they were the same age (only, one of them had evidently stopped aging). He'd also taken her to a trail that traversed through the dense forest, which gave her a flash of memory of the two of them, plus another figure she couldn't quite make out in the distance, trekking through it with boisterous laughter. She had gotten the feeling that it was an activity they did often, to which Sam inputted that they would hike that trail every Sunday morning.

Talullah found herself back in the woods of the reservation again, feeling almost giddy at what they were bound to explore that evening. Over the course of her time with Sam, the young vampire grew to become more and more excited about discovering more about herself.

And she found she grew more and more excited about spending time with the shifter, too.

.˚✧˚₊

Soon, Talullah found herself walking beside Sam Uley towards a more populated part of the reservation. Sticking to the shadows of the trees, their walk was not filled with silence like the first time they'd met up; rather, Talullah found herself aimlessly chatting with the man next to her.

"I was in Bulgaria just the other day," she mused, hands clasped together by her back as they walked through the dense brush. "Two covens out there were having some sort of turf war, can you believe? It was entirely uncivilized, in my opinion."

Sam huffed out a laugh. "Oh, I can believe it," he responded, lip upturned slightly as he was trying to bite back a smile.

Talullah's eyes practically shimmered with curiosity. "Is that right? Well do tell, Sam," she pleaded, Cheshire smile forming on her face. She felt she knew so much about Sam through the glimpses of her own memories, but she found herself wanting to know about the things he experienced without her being involved.

"We have a treaty in place here," he started out before gazing at the girl next to him to gage her reaction, "the vampires aren't allowed on our land, and we can't shift on theirs."

Talullah hummed to herself, jotting down this new information in her mind. It was smart of the wolves to establish an agreement like that, and she figured the sentiment that wolves and vampires were natural enemies stood well and just here, too. But, it was odd that she seemed to linger freely on the shifters' territory given her nature.