𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

FULL-TIME STALKER

AFTER RECEIVING HER NEW TASK FROM JANE, Talullah found herself alone in Washington as the others travelled elsewhere. Jane and Alec would no doubt be returning to Volterra in the meantime, Felix was off completing another task Jane sent his way, and it was reassured that Demetri would stay nearby to make sure the young vampire didn't stray far.

His impeccable tracking capabilities allowed for him to keep an eye on Talullah's body in its fugue state, which was kept in an abandoned warehouse near the city, while she moved throughout the land in her cloned state. Sure, Talullah could in reality do whatever she pleased while occupying the cloned version of herself that she conjured, but that didn't worry Jane because she would always need to return to her body to feed.

It was only the following day after the Volturi's discovery of the newborns that she obtained her first piece of vital information — information that was practically given to her on a silver platter and came in the form of teenage gossip.

.˚✧˚₊

It started when Talullah made the decision to begin canvassing the area that surrounded the town of Forks. Her reasoning behind this wasn't due to her lingering need to get information from Bella Swan (although, it might have played the tiniest part in her decision), but was because of why the newborns were being created in Seattle in the first place.

The only active coven that was anywhere near in relation to where the mayhem was occurring was that of the Olympic coven. She had almost scoffed internally when she had realized that of course the Cullens might be involved in this in some way or another, as they always seemed to stir up trouble as of late.

Forks, Washington, was nothing special, and Talullah meant that with her entire being. Between the constant overcast skies and frequent drizzles of rain she had observed, the town held a somber feel to it that almost made her skin crawl. Although, she could appreciate the dense and misty evergreen forest that surrounded the town, as it helped her remain inconspicuous to prying human eyes. In her dark grey Volturi attire, she'd surely stick out like a sore thumb had Forks been located within the desert.

The foliage provided just enough camouflage that she was able to observe the townspeople without care. She listened in on conversations, many of which she found to revolve around nothing of importance like questions about the weather or a person's children and how well they were doing in school. Mindless chatter, Talullah thought with her nose shrivelling, and yet it was all she heard until she recognized the glow of the moon shining down upon the land.

A small, red vehicle had whizzed past Talullah's most current surveillance spot that overlooked a small but bustling restaurant. She had spent so much time tracking the waitress' movements, wanting to pass some time, that she had almost missed the conversation that was being held in the red car.

Ears perking up, the young vampire was able to catch a glimpse of the dialogue between two passengers. "Seriously, this party has been on our bucket list for ages!"

"Babe, getting invited to the Cullens house has been on our bucket list... the party is just a bonus."

If Talullah could've released a breath, she would have in that moment. Relief washed over her as she realized that the red vehicle of chattering teenagers would help her find the Cullens, and despite being in Volterra ever since she awoke as a vampire, she definitely knew what a party was. And she definitely knew that this party could leave the Olympic coven distracted while she got information for Jane.