𝐒𝐈𝐗

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

THE BATTLEFRONT

TO SAY THAT Talullah was utterly freaked out by the events that had played out recently would be a seriously massive understatement.

The more time she spent in Washington, the more times she would catch herself looking over her shoulder in fear that someone else may recognize her. How could she remain inconspicuous if she was a magnet for this kind of attention? One thing remained clear to her; she was from Forks, or at least somewhere near it, but she still had a job to do.

Which is why she spent the last few days analyzing the newborn army and their true leader under the strict watch of Demetri. It was obvious to him that something had transpired the night she returned to her body, and given that he had his seperate instructions from Jane, he encouraged her to not wander off. "Remember what they did the last time you didn't listen, Talullah."

The final piece of information that Talullah sent to the other members of the guard was that a vampire with fiery hair named Victoria was responsible for what had transpired. She had caught her and the boy whom they'd seen when they first arrived, a missing kid named Riley, in deep conversation. They couldn't sense the cloned version of Talullah eavesdropping and disappearing before they could even see her blatantly standing to their left.

Given that both Talullah and Demetri could easily eliminate the threat now that they had known who was in charge, it was odd that Jane instructed them to remain as the were when she and the rest of the guard arrived back in Seattle. The fight would occur only momentarily, and Jane was making no move to stop it.

Talullah knew better than the question the much older vampire, but she still furrowed her eyebrows as she stood next to the looming figure of Felix. If their reason for being here was to put an end to the newborns' conspicuous actions, then why weren't they doing so? It seemed as though Felix shared a similar train of thought, his pacing evident of this. While she watched him with unblinking eyes, something flashed in her mind;

Perhaps they weren't truly there to stop them.

.˚✧˚₊

Although she had been taught the Volturi's beliefs and biggest principles when she awoke, Talullah grew anxious as the five guard members sped through the state of Washington to see the carnage left by the newborns. As much as Aro had ingrained the belief that all creatures were below the Volturi into her mind, she didn't enjoy watching her own kind suffer needlessly.

She knew Aro wanted Edward and Alice Cullen's powers among them, but Talullah also knew there could've been an easier way to do so. Then again, the demise of the Cullens would ensure that the young vampire would never have to step foot in this state anymore. She realized she might have came from here, but she also realized that something in that town caused Marcus to need to save her. Something in that wretched town killed her, and thus she wanted no part of it.

Speeding through the dense forests, Talullah had already conjured three clones that flanked the guard from behind. Jane had instructed her to send them into the forest to make sure the Cullens were surrounded, all in an effort to make sure everyone could be accounted for at all times.

Just before they reached the clearing, Talullah watched as her clones robotically sped to various points around their destination, remaining out of sight to the coven of vampires who stood in the middle of a clearing. Her eyes were incredibly hazed, almost a dull maroon colour in comparison to their usual striking red, due to the extra power she was exerting. 

There was carnage, a large fire with many vampiric limbs sticking out of it, but each member of the Olympic coven was unharmed. Before Talullah had begun to question how they had managed to take on an entire army unscathed, her nose crinkled slightly. The underlying scent of something horrible filled her nose, and she almost choked on it as she recalled where she'd smelt it before — outside of the Cullen house that night.

Approaching the coven with golden eyes (in addition to the oh-so familiar face of Bella Swan) Talullah glanced at her own coven mates and figured they didn't smell what she had, or maybe they had and just didn't know what it was like she did.

She then caught the gaze of Edward, who seemed to be able to hear every thought that coursed through her head as she stood in her own body before them. He must've heard her inner ramblings of the smell, the slight shake of his head as he met her eyes was more than proof of that. Drop it.

With the fire crackling, Jane's voice rung out first as the five of them lowered their hoods. "Impressive," she began, "I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

It was their coven leader Carlisle who spoke up next in response. "We were lucky." He then noticed the fifth figure, the most recent Volturi member that he'd known very little about until Bella had returned with Edward and recounted the details of the missing girl that she saw in Italy.

"I doubt that."

Talullah knew the double-ended meaning behind the blonde's words, as she knew something was up with how easy they had managed to escape the newborns' attack.

"It appears we've missed an entertaining fight," Alec added with a small smirk of his own as he surveyed the scene, clearly feeding off of his sister's chaotic energy.

Talullah hummed in agreeance. "It would've been a waste of a trip, otherwise," she joked, Alec nodding as he met her gaze and chuckled.

"It's not often we're rendered unnecessary," Jane stated matter-of-factly, unblinking as she stared at the coven as if she was trying to get more information on what actually transpired. After all, she'd been expecting multiple casualties, not this.

Edward spoke up from his spot beside Bella, who seemed to be clutching onto him and was very much still human. "If you had arrived half an hour ago you would've fulfilled your purpose," he replied, lips pressed into a thin line as he glanced displeased in Jane's direction.

Before Jane could respond to his subtle dig at their effectiveness, an involuntary gasp left Talullah as she clutched the side of her head. Vampires were not receptive to humanly pains like broken arms or bruises, but supernatural types of pain were particularly excruciating. Demetri was beside her suddenly, sharing a glance with Jane that alerted her to keep the Olympic coven engaged. 

The piercing pain surging through the left side of the young vampire's head meant one thing; it meant that one of her clones was being attacked, which in turn meant there was trouble. Demetri merely squeezed her shoulder in silence, encouraging her to investigate considering that the clones were supposed to be surrounding them in the forest nearby.

Such a horrible time for this to happen, she scowled internally, knowing she would be reprimanded due to her outburst. She couldn't help it, simply wasn't used to the pain she could sense yet, but she knew Jane would think otherwise. And so, within a second, Talullah shifted her consciousness to the clone that she could sense was being attacked.

When she opened her eyes, the last thing she expected to see was the snapping jaw of a very large animal with equally large teeth. The beast before her growled relentlessly, effectively drowning out the sound of Talullah's very own scream.

·.★·.·'¯'·.·★·.·'¯'·.·★.·

[ wyn's note ]

the ball is officially rolling folks and everything is coming together (ish)! this will be a double update, so chapter seven will be out when you're reading this!

appreciate you guys who are reading this, let me know your thoughts!

all love