𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

A WARNING

IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE NEXT DAY, when Sam had been out on patrol, he had supposedly run into Jasper and Alice Cullen— the two vampires asking for passage through the Quileute lands to leave.

All that was left behind was a piece of paper Alice gave to him, instructing him to take it to the Cullen residence. Neither he nor Talullah dared to open the folded up piece of paper once he returned, instead setting off to see the coven of vegetarians immediately.

Talullah watched with sharp eyes as Carlisle read over the note that Sam handed his way, watched as his faced turned solemn.

As it turned out, Jasper and Alice fled to who-knows-where, leaving strict instructions to gather as many witnesses before the snow should start sticking to the ground. The task seemed easy enough, but the question on everyone's mind remained: why the hell did they leave at such a dire time like this?

Carlisle gave Sam a firm handshake before the coven began to scatter, climbing in their respective vehicles in order to gather their witnesses. Talullah was set to stay within the pack's territory— everyone deemed that she'd be safest there since Aro knew she was now tied to the Cullens in some way.

"Their scent on you will be enough to deter the Volturi's advances, for now," Carlisle said, and the brunette knew he was correct. Apart from Sam, the rest of the pack still smelt of wet dog to her, only now she had learned to endure it.

Walking back to Sam's house, Talullah's hand clasped in Sam's, she was humming a low tune to herself.

Yet, as neither of them spoke, listening to the sounds of the forest around them, the vampire felt something in the air shift.

"Get behind me," she muttered lowly, dropping Sam's hand in order to step in front of him. The noises of the wildlife ceased, a flock of birds startling just overhead.

Sam easily manoeuvred himself to stand beside her, scoffing even though he felt it too. The wolf within bristled, and he prepared himself to phase if need be. "Something's wrong."

You could hear a pin drop, Sam's ragged breathing the only thing she could hear. Her eyes flickered around, eyes closing for a moment as she channeled her energy forward.

"Someone's out there." The Uley man saw two cloned versions of herself manifest from thin air, watching as she opened her eyes and barked a command. "Search the perimeter."

The clones mechanically nodded, dispersing in different directions with the same amount of vampiric speed he had seen from the girl next to him. Her crimson eyes were slightly duller, though you'd have to really try to notice the difference.

"We need to get back to the house," he realized, knowing that although they were now back on Quileute land, the house was still their safest bet.

Talullah shook her head. "Whoever's out here with us will follow," she whispered, "I won't endanger the others. We have to stand our ground and—"

A sudden whimper of her own cut off her statement, her hand going to clutch her head as Sam was immediately crowding in her space. "What's wrong, Lulu?"

She hissed, the pain dully subsiding when something snapped within her chest— almost like a rubber band that had been stretched too far. She knew that feeling well; she'd felt it during the number of sparring sessions she had to endure with her old coven. "Someone just killed one of them." A breeze rolled into the forest that surrounded them, and the pain subsided altogether as quickly as it came. "Whoever it is, they're smart. Smart enough to figure it out."