A Teddy Bear & Masked Faces

"Now that introductions are over, what do we do now? Should we wait for that meeting?" Taka wondered.

"I suppose we shall," Celeste agreed.

After Celeste's response, the curtains on the stage in the Gym closed. Why was there a stage in this Gym? I have no clue.

"Puhuhuhu~!" A voice giggled and echoed throughout the room. "I'm glad you all could make it to this ceremony!! Please be patient while I roll back the curtains~!"

Everybody was silent as the curtains pulled back. And a black ad white teddy bear dropped from the ceiling and onto the podium.

"A-A teddy bear?! What kind of fucked up place is this?!" Owada yelled out.

"Huh? A teddy bear? A TEDDY BEAR?!" The teddy bear--who I knew as Monokuma--fumed. "I'm not a teddy bear. My name is Monokuma and I'll be your headmaster of this academy!"

"Hahahaha!!" A laugh sputtered from somebody's lips. Everybody's heads turned to Hagakure.

"W-What's so funny about this??" Toko yelled.

"C'mon guys, this is probably a remote controlled toy. A prank of some sorts!" Hagakure pleaded.

"This is not a prank, buddy," Monokuma chuckled. "And you didn't even let me say the rules of this academy! Let me speak and stop being unBEARable!"

He used that joke already in my letter-- God, he's more corny in person.

"Anyways, you'll live here for the rest of your lives! But don't worry, you can graduate from this academy! And you wanna know how? By killing your classmates without getting caught, of course!"

Everybody froze in complete terror. I didn't blame them. They didn't know that this would happen. I did, though.

"W-W-W-WHAAAT??" Hifumi screamed.

"You heard me! A bonafide killing game! If you get caught, you face a grave punishment! There will be a trial and everything! Ohhh isn't this so exciting? So thrilling? So...spectacular??"

"No!" Junko disagreed. "This is awful! What cruel person would do something like this?!"

Junko stated everybody's thoughts perfectly...who would do something like this?

Well, I already knew who, but they didn't. They were all terrified. I mean, I was too, but I was confident in my ability to survive. And being the Ultimate Therapist, according to Monokuma, I can try to help everybody the best I can!

"Stop sorrowing and get killing! Ooh I can't wait to see what you guys do next~! With that, I'll be on my way!"

Monokuma disappeared into thin air, leaving all of us dumbfounded.

"G-Guys? Who's really considering any of this?" Asahina wondered. We all stayed silent. There was no complete answer to that.

"What I can say is that we should all work together to solve the mysteries of this school," I stated. "How about we separate into groups and find out any sort of clues or hidden things around the school? Or note anything remotely interesting."

"I'm not going in a group," Togami sighed. "Somebody could be here, plotting a kill, and you're asking us to partner up with that said person? How idiotic are you?"

His words stung a ton, but thankfully other people backed me up.

"It's a great idea, Y/N-san!" Ishimaru agreed. I smiled at Taka, whose cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"Or how about some of us going alone, others go with a friend if they want! I just want to make everybody comfortable," I tell them. To that, everybody nodded in agreement.