First Motive

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!" Monokuma's morning alarm rang through my room. I sat up and sighed. Today was officially the day of the motive, isn't it? My heart started racing when I realized that...since now I have to be more alert.

After I got dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, and got ready for the day, there was a knock on my door. I went over to the door and opened it.

"Taka? What's up?" I wondered, putting my index finger under my chin in curiosity.

"Hey Y/N! It's a fantastic morning, isn't it?" He chuckled.

"It sure is!" I said in a sing-song tone. "Though, do you need anything?"

"Oh! Yeah, I was thinking about it last night, and...I decided we all need to really come together. And that was when I realized... Every morning from now on, after the morning announcement, everyone should have breakfast together!"

"Ooh~! Amazing idea, Taka!" I cheered.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed. "I have to go let everyone else know the good news!"

Once he said that, Taka leaves. I smiled to myself as I went to the cafeteria.

"Hey guys~!" I called out to the people who were in the cafeteria. I waved to them, and they (most of them) waved back.

"Hey Y/N!" Sayaka exclaimed.

"Oh hey!" Junko chuckled.

"Okay, looks like everyone's here. So then, let's begin our very first 'breakfast meeting'!" Taka yelled out as I took my seat in between Sayaka and Chihiro.

"Everyone, thank you for making time in your busy schedules to come together," Taka thanked us.

"I didn't make time for shit. You dragged me here..." Leon sulked.

"I know I already mentioned this earlier, but... In order to get out of here, it is essential that we all cooperate with each other. And the first step is this breakfast meeting, to allow us to become friends and build trust! So from now on, let's all meet here in the dining hall every morning after the morning announcement! Now then, let's eat!" Taka exclaimed.

"You w-want me to eat breakfast with other p-people? I've never done that b-before. I'm not s-sure..." Toko muttered, twiddling her fingers.

"Yeah, it's been a while for me, too," Leon agreed. I nodded in return. Honestly, I didn't like eating in front of people. It made me feel weird.

"Well anyway...did anyone happen to come up with any clues?" Junko wondered.

Silence. Not a single word was spoken.

"Seriously? Nothing at all!? Anything, it can be about how to get out, or who's doing this, nobody has anything!?" Junko gasped. Celeste turned to her, staring her dead in the eyes. It gave me a chill down my spine.

"...You are going to die," Celeste stated. Her expression was ice cold, showing no emotion whatsoever.

"Huh...?" Junko muttered.

"If you can't stop yourself from showing weakness in front of others...you will die," Celeste explained with a her usual doll-like smile.

"Wh-What the hell? Don't even freaking joke about that!" Junko hissed.

"I am not joking. Adaptability is survivability. Did I not say so? So you'd better hurry up and adapt to your new life here."

I looked at Celeste and raised an eyebrow. What's with the sudden change of tone? Does she actually enjoy living here...? I mean, I know she doesn't, but she sure sounds like she does.