The Sauna

"What are you doing?" I asked the 3 boys in the dining hall. Taka and Mondo seemed to tense up at my sudden arrival, while Makoto looked relieved.

"Thank God you're here," Makoto sighed. "Taka and Mondo are having an argument. They want to prove 'who's better,' whatever that means."

"H-Huh?" I gasped. I didn't expect Mondo and Taka...the two dudes I talked to today about friendship...to be the ones fighting.

Did they discard my feelings that easily?

"Look, this guy has been talkin' shit about me since day one," Mondo hissed. "Callin' me a coward and shit. You and Makoto gotta be our witness for what we're 'bout to do."

"A-Ah...don't make it anything stupid, though!" I told them. I crossed my arms, trying to keep level-headed, even though I was confused about what they were even planning or why they hated each other so much. Unless I was mistaking the situation for something that could be called "hate."

"Don't worry, Y/N!" Taka exclaimed. "We're going to prove who's the real man by doing a throw down!"

"A...A WHAT?!" I yelled, covering my mouth to stifle how loud my damn voice is. I'm being annoying, aren't I?

"It's an endurance contest!" Taka clarified. I took a sigh of relief.

"Oh...thank God."

"Follow us," Mondo ordered Makoto and I. We wordlessly followed Mondo and Taka to the bathhouse.

"A-Are you guys really going to go through with this?" Makoto wondered, eyeing the boys carefully, filled with a serene type of terror.

"Shit yeah!" Mondo exclaimed.

"He'll be done in a matter of minutes, anyway. People like him are, without exception, all talk!" Taka boasted.

"Bring! It! On! Hell, let's make things interesting. Wouldn't wanna win without a challenge, right?"

"A challenge...?" Makoto and I said in unison.

"We're gonna battle with all our clothes on!"

"Th-That's idiotic! Suicidal!" Taka yelled, looking absolutely terrified.

"What, you afraid?"

Before Taka got a chance to speak, I spoke up.

"I don't think you should take your clothes off. The benefits of that really is suicidal. You could die from heat exhaustion, or at the very least you'll pass out from overworking your body. How about you guys take off the main parts of your clothing? Since your e-handbooks are in your pockets, and probably other items that will break from how strong the heat is. Please don't plan on doing anything stupid."

Mondo groaned, clearly ignored, but he knew I was right. "Fine."

Taka looked thankful that I stepped in before things escalated. Makoto also seemed thankful for my existence right now.

"Then let's start!" Taka yelled.

Mondo took off his big leather jacket while Taka took off his shirt. I feel like an invasion of privacy...since I'm a female and I'm watching 2 men taking off hunks of clothing to get in a damn sauna...! But at least Mondo didn't take his e-handbook in the sauna...that's what I was avoiding in the first place, since then he'd figure out the e-handbook's only weakness...

"Thanks for making it in time," Makoto thanked me as Taka and Mondo went into the sauna, locking the door behind them. "This would've been messy if you didn't show up."

"Yeah...I kinda figured. Thankfully I came by. Or things would've gotten ugly."

Voices started yelling out from the sauna, telling the other person to give up or whatever.