Chapter 10

!TW - Anxiety, Bad Body Image!

The sun warms despite the early morning. Nick and Charlie are sitting on the balcony. Nick sits with his back against the house wall and Charlie sits on his lap. Charlie's anxiety calmed once they got out, which calmed Nick as well. Now they sit outside, talk, cuddle - things couples do.

After a while, the balcony door opens and Tao comes out.
"Good morning" Nick says cheerfully and Tao greets him with a smile.
"How long have you been awake?" Tao asks suddenly, as if he doesn't realize until now that they are awake too.
"A while.." Nick responds and looking down at Charlie who is nodding towards Tao. Tao looks at Charlie and gives him a sad smile.
"How are you?" He asks quietly, as if he doesn't really want to ask the question. Charlie sits quietly, thinks for a moment.
"I'm fine.. i.. i will be fine" he replies with a shaky voice. Tao nods back and looks at the sun, closing his eyes as if he's going to start to get a tan while standing up.
"Good job" Nick whispers in Charlie's ear and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

Shortly after, Elle and Isaac also arrive. They are both early risers and decide to make breakfast for the others.
"Okay, so what are the plans for today?" Elle asks. Isaac answers eagerly, with his sandwich in his mouth.
"Can't we go to the bookstore down in the village?"
All the others begin to chuckle at Isaac's addiction to books. But despite the irony, the others think it's a good idea.

Nick and Charlie are in their room getting ready. Nick is wearing a tank top and a pair of denim shorts. Charlie wears a t-shirt with he's black jeans with holes in the knees.
"Can.. can I borrow a hoodie from you?" Charlie asks and looks at Nick. Nick becomes thoughtful and walks closer to Charlie, who is sitting on the side of the bed.
"It's summer Charlie... you'll be too warm.." he says. Charlie looks down at the floor and begins to feel uncomfortable. There's no way he's going outside without a hoodie on. Never.
"Hey.. are you okay?" Nick asks and crouches down on the floor in front of Charlie. He puts a hand on Charlie's knee.
"Mhm..." Charlie replied with a small nod.
"Char.."
"Please.. I know I promised a better day today but.. please can I.. just borrow a hoodie?" Charlie says softly, his eyes still fixed on the floor. Nick hesitates but after a while retrieves a hoodie from the closet. He hands it to Charlie who pulls it over his head immediately.
"can you at least promise me you'll tell me if you get too warm?" Nick asks. Charlie nods back with a smile that hides sadness. After they finish, they go down the stairs and into the living room where the others are already ready to go down to the village.