Chapter 18

!TW - Anxiety, Eating Disorder, Body Dysmorphia, Bad Thoughts!

Meanwhile the gang waits for the pizza to arrive, they do a few different things. Elle and Isaac sit outside in the sun and read. Tao sits inside and watches a movie. Nick and Charlie are up in their room snuggling in bed.

"Are you sure you want to eat the pizza?" Nick asks worriedly. Charlie sits up and checks on Nick.
"I'm sure. I'm absolutely scared, but... you can't make progress without trying" Charlie replies. Nick gives Charlie a kiss and Charlie lies back down with his head on Nick's chest.
"Is there anything in particular that scares you, or is it just it all in general?" Nick asks, running his hand through Charlie's curly hair.
"I... I don't really know... it just feels overwhelming... sorry" Charlie replies.
"It's okay, you don't have to say sorry. I understand it's hard but we'll do it together!" Nick says as he continues with Charlie's curly hair. Charlie sits up again and looks at Nick. His nice boyfriend. It's kinda amazing how much you can love another person. Charlie gives Nick a long and passionate kiss that leaves Nick speechless. Charlie smiles at the fact that Nick is blown away, before continuing to kiss Nick.

Nick sits up in bed and takes off his shirt. They continue to kiss and cuddle. Charlie runs his hands over Nick's body. Nick grabs the bottom of Charlie's shirt.
"Would you like me to take it off?" He asks skeptically and a little nervously. Charlie stops and freezes. All his thoughts immediately take over.

'You are ugly'
'You always destroying everything'
'he will see your scars'
'You are fat'
'Don't be so boring'

Charlie comes back to reality when he sees Nick sitting in front of him and waving.
"Are you okay?" he asks worriedly. Charlie looks down and hides his face in his hands. "Char.." Nick whispers before putting his arms around Charlie and they hug on the bed.
"Sorry.." Charlie sobs.
"I.. the thoughts came and ruined. I'm ugly and I always ruin everything... maybe I shouldn't have the pizza for dinner..." he continues. Nick hugs Charlie even tighter and holds him there for a while, just trying to be there. They break from the hug and look at each other.
"You're not ruining anything, I'm the one who did the wrong thing. You.. you shouldn't listen to those thoughts, Charlie. You're the best. Really." Nick looks deep into Charlie's eyes as he talks. Charlie starts to cry a little again and Nick gives him a hug. They sit there, silent and just hug each other for a second. It is this closeness that Charlie will miss when Nick moves after the summer.