Chapter 12

!TW - Body Dysmorphia/ Image, Fainting, Anxiety!

Now Nick begins to understand, it is Charlie's body dysmorphia that makes him stressed. The thought of having to show everyone around his body and scars is what he feels stressed about. Nick saw the panic in Charlie when he asked to take the hoodie off, but at the same time he can't wear it - it's too hot. Nick is now sitting and trying to calm Charlie a bit while trying to come up with a plan, he has to do something.

Footsteps are heard a little further away and both Charlie and Nick look over there. Tao comes running towards them with a water bottle in his hand. He sits down next to Charlie on the bench.
"Here, drink some" Tao says in a breathless voice. Charlie quietly accepts the drink and takes a few sips. After a while, the silence between the boys is broken.
"I'm sorry" Charlie says quietly in a long voice. He looks at Nick who is still crouched in front of him. Nick grabs both of Charlie's hands and shakes his head.
"It... it was just a little too much..." Charlie continues in the same low tone. Nick squeezes Charlie's hands.
"It's okay, I... we understand" says Nick and looks at Tao who nods with a smile on his face. Charlie's vision begins to blur and his ears ring.
"Ni... ck.." he whispers. Nick looks worriedly at Charlie, who is now acting a bit strange. Tao looks at Nick with a look that asks what's going on.
"Char.. are you okay?"
"I.. um...warm.. dizzy..." Charlie says quietly. Both Tao and Nick become worried by the fact that Charlie only mentions words, not complete sentences. Nick asks Charlie to lie down on the bench, with his head in Tao's lap - and he does as he's told. With Nick and Tao's help, Charlie is now lying down on the bench.
"How are you feeling?" Tao asks, removing some of Charlie's curls from his sweaty forehead. Nick is still sitting below the bench, crouching, holding Charlie's hand.
"Im.. its...erm..." is all Charlie manages to get out before he passes out.

"How is he?" Elle asks stressed. Tao called Elle and Isaac and told them what had happened, and they both came running out to the bench at once.
"We.. we don't know" Nick answers stressed. He stands up and walks away to breathe and think. He feels a hand on his shoulder and turns around.
"How are you?" Elle asks pityingly and looks at Nick, who is trying to hide both stress and crying. Before Nick can answer, Tao and Isaac shout his name from the bench. He takes quick steps towards them and sees that Charlie is starting to move.
"Hey Charlie, can you hear me?" Nick asks while taking Charlie's hand. They can all see a weak nod from Charlie. Nick takes a deep breath before continuing to speak.
"Char.. I know you don't want to.. but.. but we have to take your hoodie off. You're way too warm.... That's why you just passed out.."