Chapter 17

!TW - Anxiety, Eating Disorder!

After Charlie takes care of Nick, the two go back out onto the terrace to continue watching the soccer game between Elle, Tao, and Isaac. Isaac scores and looks up at the stairs to see Charlie and Nick applauding. After a while, the other three arrive and join Nick and Charlie on the stairs. Tao's breathing is heavy and fast, the guy has no fitness at all. Both Elle and Isaac are sweaty from all the running around in the hot sun.

"What shall we do for dinner?" Isaac asks out of breath. The only thing Isaac thinks about, besides books, is food.
"Maybe we can order pizza? It's our last night anyway so?" Tao answers and looks at the others sitting on the stairs. Nick and Isaac nod happily.
"Charlie?" Tao says questioningly. Charlie is sitting with his head down, staring on the stairs and is playing with his fingers. Nick grabs his hand and kisses it. Charlie looks up and sees that all eyes are on him.
"yeah, sorry.." he says and looks at Tao.
"we don't need if you don't w-"
"Yes, I want to. It's just a little... scary, but I want to try...". Charlie interrupts. Tao smiles back big.
"Are you sure?" Nick asks and Charlie nods back. He's not quite sure what he's getting himself into. But to be able to get better, you have to test things out.
"It'll be fine Charlie, we're all here. If it's too much, just say so and take a break or get something else small from the kitchen to eat instead" says Elle and puts a hand on Charlie's knee. Charlie starts to shake a little and Nick understands why. It's anxiety. Everyone looks at Charlie and then at Nick with a questioning look.
"Do you want me to tell them?" Nick whispers and Charlie looks up. He nods and squeezes Nick's hand a little extra. Charlie feels the fear spreading through his body, but tries to keep himself calm.
"Um.. okay, so when you have an eating disorder, there are certain foods that are easier to eat than others. There are also foods that are more difficult than others... you have safe and fear foods." Nick begins, checking Charlie to make sure he's okay, which it looks like. He's scared, but okay. Nick continues.
"Pizza is one of Charlie's most fearsome foods to eat. And if he now wants to try, that's great, but I don't think we should be on him and force him to eat..". Nick looks at the others who sit with wide eyes and listen. They all completely understand and agree not to push Charlie too much.
"Thank you.." Charlie whispers in Nick's ear while giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you for wanting to challenge yourself, please let me know if it's just too much" Nick replies back.
"I will"