Collateral

>>Seraphina

I was not expecting someone to come and catch me.

It didn't even cross my mind.

I only wanted for it all to stop.

I looked back at him with horrified eyes, "Let me go," I tried to resist and he found my words offensive.

"No," He yanked me back, trying to take me back to the shore

"Let me go!!!" I yelled but he didn't listen. So, I tried running, hoping that the sudden force would set me free. But when I tried to run, he grabbed my clothes to pull me to a stop.

"You're not going anywhere, love." His strength was marvelous. I was giving it my all to try and escape him but he seemed to be putting the bare minimum effort and managed to stop me.

"Boss!?" There were more men there, standing at the shore, "Boss, why did you go in?"

Boss?

Is he from the mafia? The debt collectors? My heart fell to the pit of my stomach

No, it can't be. I was so sure I left them all behind!

I squirmed around.

I can't just get caught at the end. I don't want any of this!

"It's fine," The man replied, "I'm already done, so stay out of the water." He yanked my hair back with him, causing the pain in my scalp.

"Let go!!" I yelled, splashing the water around with my legs, "Let me go!! AH!" He used my hair to drag me back. I couldn't resist anymore because of the pain and with Eris in my arms.

He ignored my yelling and walked back to the shore.

"Boss, I could have gone in!" One of his henchmen said.

"Well, why didn't you?" The man replied, "You're all so slow I had to do it myself!" The sound of water splashing against our bodies died out as he dragged me out of the water and threw me onto the sandy beach.

"AH!" I let out a gasp as I fell to my knees but I made sure to keep my little sister safe in my arms.

"Just a few more seconds and our only lead would have ended up as fish fodder." I raised my head to look at me, then flinched

!!

He was looking down at me. For a moment it looked like he was contemplating whether to kill me or not and that sent a shudder down my spine. But right the next second, a smile was on his face.

"I'm all wet," He clicked his tongue, and looked at his henchman, "Go get me some new clothes."

"Yes!" And the minion was running away

"And you," He stepped closer to me, "I get that you want to kill yourself," His hands reached out toward me, "But why take the kid with you?" He grabbed Eris from my hands. No, he tried to steal her from me.

"Stay away!!" I tightened my grip around her, "Don't touch her!!" I glared at him.

He paused, then crouched down in front of me with a nasty grin on his face, "You don't want me to touch her?" He raised his left brow at me, "Why? You think I'll do something to her?" We looked at each other with ill gazes, "I don't think I'll be doing anything worse than what you just tried."

!!!

His words hit deep.

The reality of what I was going to do crashed down on me, forcing me to look down in shame. My grip on Eris loosened and he grabbed her, snatching her away from me.