Reminder of what he is

>>Azef

"You're quite whiny for someone who was about to kill." I paused, then scoffed, "But then again, you were sent to kill a child." This useless thing was too loud whenever I cut him, "I can't believe someone even thought about sending you." I looked at the mess I had created. There was a lot of blood.

I don't usually make a mess like this.

Was I too emotional today?

"Still, it was admirable you wanted to keep your mouth shut." I looked at his face. I had stuffed a rag in his mouth because he was too loud. But I should take it out and ask again. I reached for his mouth when my phone began to vibrate and I took off the bloody latex gloves off my hands.

I took the phone out of my pocket and answered the call, "Beta Azef, I hope I didn't disturb you,"

I scratched my cheek with my index finger, "Not really. I was done anyway."

"Oh Good," He let out a breath of relief, "I wanted to tell you something important. I thought about waiting but then I thought it was worth calling once. I didn't think you'd pick up, but good thing you did."

He's as chattery as always, "Go ahead, what did you need to tell me?"

"Ah, yes. We got something in our lab that you might need to know."

"What?" I looked around the room. I guess I should call the cleaners and have this place cleansed.

"A blood sample for identification."

"Blood sample?" I raised my brow.

"It was one from a roadside so it took more time to identify but it was Murim soma's."

"What?" My gaze went back to the man I had on the torture table.

"I thought it was odd. So I looked into the person who brought the sample. I didn't want to call you uselessly. And..."

"And?"

"That person is working for Somi Soma, as a private detective."

"... I see..." It made sense.

Somi must have caught on. Is that why she chose to try and kill Eris? The girls are living with me, she must have thought they were important to me. But why attack the kid? Did she think she was related to me?

I looked at the body laying in front of me and pulled out the knife I had resting in his gut, "Thank you for your report." I then slid the blade towards his throat

"No problem Beta," We ended the call and I stared at the man.

"I don't think I need you anymore." I pierced one side of his throat, letting the blade sink in

His eyes went wide in fear.

"W-wait!" I sliced his neck in an instant, letting the blood splatter stain my clothes. A streak of it when spilled on my face.

Tch!!

I really am on edge today. I usually do my work so cleanly. I let out a sigh as I put the knife on the table.

I need to counter Somi somehow. This sure has gotten troublesome.

***

>>Seraphina

I turned the door handle but it didn't budge.

Hmm?

I turned it around again a bunch of times before I realized it was locked. Oh... I stepped back to look at the light below but it suddenly went out