His place

>>Seraphina

"Wait, wait!" I stopped Azef as he was leaving and he paused to look back at me, "We can't impose on you," I felt like that would be very shameless of us.

Not only did we destroy his apartment which is gonna cost him a lot to repair, he also paid for the hospital bill. Now going to live with him sounds very selfish. I looked down in shame. I know we have nowhere else to go but still, I do not wish to become a burden to someone.

"You won't be imposing," Azef stared at me, "I need to keep you close because we still need to catch your father,"

!!!

"Oh, yes..."

Right, there was that too. Of course, he wouldn't just offer his place to us just to keep us safe. It's for himself but his words made me feel better.

Azef started walking again, "Hurry up," He gestured to us to follow him, "The weather is getting bad."

!?

I had not noticed it was getting bad till he said it. And that's when I turned to look out the window and saw that dark clouds had assembled in the sky.

Woah,

Looks like it's going to rain heavily. I turned and picked Eris up in my arms and then walked out. It might even turn into a thunderstorm. I can see the lightning gathering among the clouds.

***

I put Eris in the backseat since she fell asleep, the doctor had given her an injection that got her drowsy and she was out a few moments after I picked her up in my arms. After laying her down in the back, I came and sat down in the passenger seat, closed the door and looked forward.

Azef waited for a moment, then looked at me, "Seatbelt"

"Oh!" I can't believe I forgot again, "Right," I tucked it in and he started the car. By the time we reached his house, it had started raining. But the good thing was that his garage was covered.

He guided me inside and gave me a room on the second floor, "This is the only free room." He stood outside the room as he opened the door for us, "But no one else will be here but us," Thunder rumbled in the sky pretty loudly.

"Okay," I nodded and walked into the room.

"If you want to ask anything, you can come down." He said and then started walking away.

"Okay," I didn't get to thank him as he was pretty fast about leaving us. Still, I put Eris to bed and sat down at the corner to look around the room. It was pretty empty, I guess it was an unused room but it was elegant and neat. There was a bedroom, a dressing drawer and a closet with an attached bathroom.

I let out a sigh.

Being rich sure is nice

I looked back at Eris. If it wasn't for Azef, we wouldn't be here... I stood up. I should go and thank him properly. I'm not really in a place to be thanking people, but still, my house was sold by the debt collectors, there's no sign of my father, and all of my things have burned down as well.

Having a nice place to stay is something I'm really thankful for

I got out of the room as lightning struck the sky. The purple light illuminated the insides too even though the house was lit.

I hope Eris doesn't wake up, she gets frightened easily.

I descended the stairs as I peeked down at the lounge where I was hoping to see Azef but didn't find him there.

Hmm, maybe he's in his room. I kept going down, when lightning struck again, followed by the sound of something blasting which made my heart jump and right after, the electricity went out