Exposed

>>Azef

"This is so amusing." Zhou-Lin, a chineses business partner of mine, had made a sudden entry when he saw me running towards my office, "You're puking blood?" He let out a laugh, making his pretty face very punchable.

"Shut up Zhou-Lin," I let out a shaky breath as I washed the sink, "And you better keep your mouth shut about this," I didn't want anyone to find out that this had happened, especially anyone from the pack. We're only at the beginning of making our pack into something that would get acknowledged, I can't show any weakness here.

"Or else?" Zhou-Lin sat on a three-seater couch, he placed his foot on the table, then put his leg on top of the other, "What are you going to do?" He had a smug look on his face.

"I'm going to tell Matthew that it was never Xia-Lin to begin with," I eyed him, "It was always you." I came out of the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I saw his eyes go wide for a moment, then he looked away, "You're one formidable person." His smile dropped and I could tell he got nervous.

"So don't get on my nerves." I walked to the desk and grabbed the water bottle to drink.

"Why are you so annoyed?" He wasn't shutting up, "You're never like this," I gave him a quiet look and he sealed his lips tight. Then I took a sip of water.

Why am I annoyed?

I'm annoyed because I don't know what's happening. This is something that had never happened before.

Never

My wolf is hurting for no reason at all and I'm lost!

***

>>Seraphina

For sure, I'm getting fired.

There's no way, he won't let it slide. I lost my temper. I should have held it in! I have another mouth to feed for Gods Sake!

To top it off Dad called at such bad timing. I bit my thumbnail as I walked on the sidewalk. Azef must think I've been lying to him! How do I fix this?

I need the money!

The weight of the day's stress lingered as I trudged through the dimly lit streets on my way back home. The flickering street lights cast erratic shadows, mirroring the unease that had settled within me.

I didn't even get the paycheck yet and I'm out of the money I had in my pockets when Azef brought me back. I used the last bit to buy food.

I gulped, feeling nervous but it didn't stop me from noticing what was behind me.

I became acutely aware of footsteps closing in behind me. I quickened my pace, heart pounding with a mix of anxiety and fear. Someone's following me!?

Who?! I didn't want to look back and make a run for it but suddenly, a hand clamped onto my shoulder, forcibly turning me around.

!?!?!

"Hey~" My eyes grew wide when I saw the boss of the debt collectors loomed before me, his smirk was wide making me feel uncomfortable, "You're always eager to run, aren't you?" He didn't remove his hand from me, making me stand still in front of him.

"...." I stared at him, unsure what to say but one look around showed he had no one else with him at the moment. None of his lackies were in sight. Was he out of a stroll by himself when he saw me?\

Just my luck then...

"Changed your mind about my offer, sweetheart?"

His touch was intrusive, his proximity unsettling. I instinctively recoiled, a surge of discomfort flooding over me.