The kid shouldn't be isolated

>>Seraphina

His fridge is full of meat

I stared at the different kinds of meat in the fridge placed in the corner of the kitchen. What is he? A carnivore? Why is there only meat here?

I don't see a single veggie here.

Does he eat steaks for breakfast too or something?

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Sera..." Eris was still rubbing her eyes. I guess her sleepiness hasn't finished because of the meds.

"Go sit down," I said, "I'll see if there's something I can cook for you."

She nodded her head, "Okay," And then walked to the chair. She placed her hands on the seat and tried to pull herself up. It exerted a lot of strength from her and I saw her struggle. She put her foot on the chair support and hopped up.

"Hah!" With a jump she got to the seat, turned around and slumped against the chair's back.

I have to feed her before I leave. I should also go see if any of the clothes survived in the fire. The closet was at the edge of the room, so I might be able to get some of our clothes back.

And then I'll leave Eris in the house?

'Don't you think the kid should go to school?' Azef's words came back to me, 'She's cooped up in that apartment all day, that can't be good for her.'

I looked down at my feet as I got lost in thought. Yes, it can't be good for her mental health. She should be playing with kids her age.

'If you can't take care of a kid, it's better to give her away to someone who can.' I recalled his words and shook my head. I don't want Eris to be taken away from me. The police already gave me a warning and Azef said sending her to a kindergarten will help.

But, I don't have the funds to do that.

I pursed my lips.

"Fine, go ahead with it," I heard Azef's voice from a distance and turned around to look at the closed doors. One of them opened, "Match the costumes for men and women," Azef was on a call when he stepped out of his room, "Inform the staff, let the people who are comfortable with it come. If the staff shortens, pay the ones who agreed double."

He walked to the lounge and then noticed me in the kitchen and then his eyes traveled to Eris. A smile spread across his lips and it made my heart flutter.

What? I got nervous and awkwardly looked away. Why is my heart fluttering?!!

"I'll see to the rest at night." He cut the call and then walked over to the kitchen,"You woke up early,"

"Oh, yes, I couldn't sleep much."

"Hmm," He scanned the area, his eyes especially stopping to look out the lounge window. He seems busy and I'm sure he's going to leave the house soon too.

I have to leave too, I take extra shifts to clean up the nightclub.

But then there's Eris, I know she'll be more careful now, but she is a kid. What if she makes a mistake again and something happens to this house? I glanced around. Everything hears screams rich. I can't afford to tarnish anything.

"Sir?" I spoke politely.

"Hmm?"

"I thought about what you said."

He looked at me, "What did I say?"

"About Eris," We both looked at her and saw that sleepy head fall asleep on the chair and she hit her head on the table. But she didn't wake up, she just fell asleep with a bump on her forehead.